• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Reptiles & Amphibians of Australia, by Harold Cogger

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike14

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering, if anyone out there knows a place where i could buy a copy of Harold Coggers Reptiles & Amphibians of Australia, 6th edition (with Green Tree Python on front cover) and a rought pricing.

thanks

Good Luck, these thing are starting to get as rare as hens teeth. People who have them don't like parting with them. Occasionally they pop up on ebay and you would be looking at around $100 upwards

Mike Swan Herp Books is probably your best bet mate. No idea of price though. and be careful when you read it. You might lose your understanding of Morelia Spilota.

I am not sure what's in the 5th edition but when I read a later version at Reptilegirls house recently it still didn't divide Carpets in to Diamonds, Coastal, Jungle, Darwin & MD's. It had only moved Bredli out but Jungle, Coastal, MD & Darwins were still all variegata. Reptilegirl might be able to confirm what version she has.

5th Edition recognises M.bredli as a separate species. Lists M.spilota as having three subspecies - spilota, imbricata and variegata.

:p

Hix

once i explain what the bible was to kane he had to have one lol, i picked my 5th addition up for $50 its great lucky my mum is a book lover and knows what she is doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back