Show us your dogs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she like to destroy things as well or does she just play hard? lol

No doesnt destry things anymore. She has how ever eaten many a swag when she was younger lol. She likes to play rough but only in tug of wars with her rope and myself. She is a great dog and loves kids...........often jumping up and knocking them flat whilst trying to give them a nice little kiss

What do you think they get 'lost' a lot? is it because of poor security, poor fencing or careless keepers? or do they just use their brute force to break down a door? lol

They curious dogs and are masters of escape. Hannah will climb fences....yes climb!!! also jump and dig. If they want out it can be difficult to stop them

They Schnauzer looks like a stuffed animal, amazing colour.

She was looking decidely sheep doggish there :lol:
Most of the year she is clipped, but over Winter I let her get a bit of a fur coat happening :lol:
Schnauzers are most commonly 'pepper and salt' (black & grey) which gives her the silver look.
They come in Black also, but that is less common.

Michelle

Gosh they're so cute! How is he to keep? does he like to destroy stuff too? lol

She is a great dog.. She is a very fast learner she is around 6/7 months now she is fully toilet trained she sits and waits for her food..... she dont pull any washing off the line only diggs holes in the sandy but if the garden no lawn holes :) i just make sure she has lots of toys to play with

View attachment 162971View attachment 162970
Here is my Jack Russell. He is currently MIA. These pics are when he jumped out of my boat and chased a pig. I had to run through 500 meters of croc swamp to get him back and then deal with an angry pig. He has wanted to attack buffalos and fight about anything he finds. He always would get out (escape artist) and wander during the day while I was at work and one day did not come back. I'm sure if he would have been the end of me.. To be expected I suppose "he who lives by the sword, so shall he die" then again he could be hanging of the tail of a buffalo or something.

We had a shar-pai she only had 2 operations(eyes) but she had a fight with our
bull arabx,and the second time they fought our shar-pai got put down with serious injury.:cry::cry:

View attachment 162971View attachment 162970
Here is my Jack Russell. He is currently MIA. These pics are when he jumped out of my boat and chased a pig. I had to run through 500 meters of croc swamp to get him back and then deal with an angry pig. He has wanted to attack buffalos and fight about anything he finds. He always would get out (escape artist) and wander during the day while I was at work and one day did not come back. I'm sure if he would have been the end of me.. To be expected I suppose "he who lives by the sword, so shall he die" then again he could be hanging of the tail of a buffalo or something.

Those are some awesome photo's!! looks like he's definitely suffering from little man syndrome! But good effort for him to chase down the pig! He was probably wishing to be 10x his size at that moment hahahahaha

My two

P9100278.jpg

sharpies were bred in china for pitfighting - they came in 2 coats, a rough sand paper type coat an soft coat, most do require eye lid stiching, due to show breeders, breeding to over exactriate the features.

also the reason 98 of escaped dogs are staffies... is cos every second dog these days IS a staffy!!! lol

storme 3.jpg

my baby gurl, Storme, with one of her pups, from the first litter... Shar pei x bull mastiff... preggers again if anyone wants a pup... shar pei x bull mastiff x german shepherd...

They curious dogs and are masters of escape. Hannah will climb fences....yes climb!!! also jump and dig. If they want out it can be difficult to stop them

too true... our old staffy used to scale 7 ft fences.. there was nothing stopping him... saying that, our current dog will scale 7-8 ft fences just to get a cat or one of the neighbours dogs :/

too true... our old staffy used to scale 7 ft fences.. there was nothing stopping him... saying that, our current dog will scale 7-8 ft fences just to get a cat or one of the neighbours dogs :/

So ummm, lol what's the best way to prevent them from climbing? put them indoors?

So ummm, lol what's the best way to prevent them from climbing? put them indoors?

Give them something to do.. we found Hannah was only desperate to get out mostly when we were getting in the car and leaving so best thing to do is leave them with a bone or a kong ball thing with food inside that they have to try and dig out. Also.. they love to be walked so we also found if she got a half hour walk or if we played tug of war or fetch with her once a day she had less energy to dig and climb lol.

Hannah is far more settled now.. but she is 5 this year and we don't leave her home alone alot.. if we are going out for a full day I usually take her to mum's because the only other alternative is chaining her up and we prefer to only do that for short periods of time.. even though she lets herself off and in the house if the doggy door is unlocked.

But Hannah is mostly an inside dog.. started off with her sleeping on the floor in our room after an operation to her sleeping on our bed at night to her having a bed on the floor in the lounge to her having her own chair in the lounge room and sleeping between us in bed.. i'm sure at some point we should have drawn the line but oh well.. :oops:

Last edited:

crate train your pup so when you are out for a day they will just happily chill out in their crate and blissfully sleep the day away. you can get your pooch a BIG crate with enough room for them to strecth out and have a bed in one half with a mat on the other, and provide a big bone or frozen kong treat to munch on while you're away. don't leave a staffy outside, you'll end up with half a fence and possibly a dead dog.

These are our dogs Hando, Bruiser, Pepsi and the want to be dog Lola

Attachments

• Hando.jpg
    Hando.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Bruiser.jpg
    Bruiser.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Pepsi.jpg
    Pepsi.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Lola.jpg