Show us your dogs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BARF is fab, end of story. but use in combination with other thigns as its a sloppy mince and will do nothing to clean your dogs teeth. so i give them a block a week (frozen) as a treat. being frozen it scrubs the teeth more :) or you can give an undefrosted pack mixed in with the kibble. dogs can and do get picky with food so dont spoil them with special food all the time!

so yes, BARF is RAW food which means the proteins are still in their natural state which is better for pooch. ie, in cooked foods the proteins are denatured/deactivated which means bascially all the goodness in them has been destroyed during the cooking process.

Yeah I've been reading up on this BARF feeding routine and it sounds awesome. It's logical too as dogs are carnivores and who knows what's in those processed foods. So giving raw chickens wings and necks are a good idea? I have this list of 'bone ingredients' for BARF and they're good for cleaning their teeth as well. I'm getting there in my research haha.

dogs are omnivores like us, cats are carnivores :)

i would give frozen chicken necks and wings as it makes it chewier for them so lasts a bit longer. although being a staffy i can imagine your pooch is just going to need two bites and it'll be powder, lol.

Even my shih tzu swallows chicken necks and wings after barely a chew. A staffy would laugh at them! A better option is lamb or veal bones. I find that the adult animal bones (pork, beef) tend to splinter more and seem to be less digestible, while lamb and veal are great. Granted, this is based only on 2 rotties and the fluffdog, but both rotties sometimes passed splinters (and bled) after pork or beef. Now I just use trim lamb bones for all.

I freeze the chicken in big lumps, very hard for them to get through, lumps for 3 or 4 wings or say 6 necks last a good 15 minutes with my pooches. i do the same with pet mince, form into a ball and chuck it in the freezer! sigh. my pooches get better care than i do, yeah, they have insurance, i don't :'( lol

Thanks everyone for all the dog training/diet tips in this thread - especially shooshoo. As a soon to be sort of first-time dog owner I am gathering all info I can. Does anyone have any experience/advise/tips for British Bulldogs, as I am about to aquire one in a month and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for all the dog training/diet tips in this thread - especially shooshoo. As a soon to be sort of first-time dog owner I am gathering all info I can. Does anyone have any experience/advise/tips for British Bulldogs, as I am about to aquire one in a month and any help would be appreciated.

Only advice i have, which is from workign at a vet clinic, is avoid them like the plague.

Amstaffs are so much cooler looking! ;)

In saying that, anyone with Amstaffs want to share their pics?

Go out and find Cesar Millans book 'Raising the Perfect Dog' he raises a young Bulldog in there and has many tips on dealing with the breed. =)

Shar-Pei

Hey guys! I've been wanting to get a puppy for a long time now. Been looking at getting a Shar-Pei but still undecided!

Post up pics of your dogs! please? lol thanks!

Hi Snakelove,
we have a king charles cavalier, Angus and a shar-pei, Wolf.
we've had the shar-pei for 17 years now and he is just the best dog.
great temperament, hardly ever barks, gentle and playful with kids and even at 17, he's still tries to jump around like a puppy...
Just need to be mindful of skin considerations like flea allergies which lead to high maintenance washing etc especially during summer etc which can be expensive when you use a litre of Malaseb a fortnight....

Our Cavvy Angus is low maintenance other than losing white hair on dark couches and is sensational with the kids too....

good luck!:D

Picture 113.jpg hey everyone great thred, heres my two rat bags. spartan(male)on the left sima(girl)on the right both mini bullterriers

P8180002.jpg

This is my new English Staffy pup, Sarge...

He is 10 weeks now (8 weeks in the pic), pretty well behaved and smart!

All I can say if you get a staffy be prepared to give it alot of time each day for training and entertainment... He knows my routine already and if I am home a couple of hours late from work I am prepared to find something destroyed, even though he has every form of entertainment... Its just more fun to chew things that arent toys I guess...

Better show my pride and joy...... This is panda!! First photo was when we first got her and the second is 1 year later in the same spot lol so she now is 15 months.... iv watched her grow :( she is the best

Attachments

• panda.jpg
    panda.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 52
  • panda3.jpg
    panda3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 49
  • panda2.jpg
    panda2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 44

Great to see everyones Doggies,.sooooo many colours, shapes & sizes lol

Here are my Babies:
Angel - 11 year old English Staffy,. very loveable sweet Loyal Dog,. getting old now & has unfortunately had some health problems the last couple of years but seems to bounce back stronger than ever each time.

Zoe - 6 year old English Staffy,. still thinks she is a pupply & is soooo hypo & full on! LOVES her ball!

Newest addition to the Canine family is Diesel he is a 10 week old Shmoodle, he moved in 2 weeks ago & is already an important part of the family,.. such a sweety! but can also be a little Demon,.
BIG change from the staffies!!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back