Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
itbites

Nice one MrBredli :p...How ironic that you have a bredli hanging off your hand..with a jungle in the background looking quite chilled LMAO
yer i was thinking that too, although i have a jungle that would never bite me, even when i wake her up ans startle her

bites

I think we are giving the ole Bredli and bad wrap here, also never show to your mates about your snake not biting.

Attachments

• pics nov07-feb08 001.jpg
    pics nov07-feb08 001.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 134
  • pics nov07-feb08 002.jpg
    pics nov07-feb08 002.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 93
  • pics nov07-feb08 003.jpg
    pics nov07-feb08 003.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 106
  • pics nov07-feb08 004.jpg
    pics nov07-feb08 004.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 114
Oh wow they draw alot of blood dont they!!! Im sorta scared but im sure it wont hurt that much.... (I hope!) :?
So the main reason they bite is if your hand smells like their food, its around feeding time or they are just cranky??
Better to be aware so i can at least avoid upsetting him/her :)

Odd bites

The first is a face bite. I was working in her cage at about waste level, watching
to see that she didn't go for my hands. She didn't, just shot up and slapped my
face. Unlikely bite, but I was very lucky it wasn't worse. Don't know why I didn't feel
like smiling for the camera.
Then a breast bite. If the snake was trying to nurse he had it all wrong. It was feeding
response, he shot out of the cage and hit my chest. I had a white t-shirt on, it didn't
stay very white for long. The pic was taken about a week after the bite.
Oh, my tattoo bite. The tattoo had been coloured in that day, four hours of jabbing
and sticking my leg, it was sore as hell. As I was checking the snakes before bed a
red tailed green rat connected right in the middle of the tattoo.
Trying to do my part,
Andy

Attachments

• retic kiss .JPG
    retic kiss .JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 106
  • reticTit.JPG
    reticTit.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 88
  • tattoo bite.JPG
    tattoo bite.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 101
heres some more for the womas :p

100_1368.jpg

P7061538.jpg

Do the little ones have teeth yet? I missed the first few years of our snakes life... my BF already had him when we got together.

He wants to get another one but I'm a typical little princess and very scared of bites!

I don't touch our snake... just watch. He's a gorgeous Diamond Python though... beautiful markings!

Lol ohhh man, this stuff does put you off a little bit doesn't it. I was wondering how thick the teeth are? and just about how many go in when they take a full bite? I got stapled on the finger once, don't ask me how. I was wondering if it was anything like that? Hope not :p

Man, this one really hurt!

exotic.jpg

This one sent me to the A and E for about 2 hours. Stitches internal and external. The biter was a 10 foot carpet alot of people on here used to affectionately know as "blocker".

blockbite1.jpg

And there was this one, she completely missed the pinkie rat and hit my thumb. It was funny, cause she kind of looked at me, had this sought of "crap, im sorry" look on her face then just let go.
DSC00041.jpg

And then the crowd were laughing at me!
DSC00243.jpg

Bite...
bite3.jpg

Culprit...
amonet.jpg

Wow maybe I'm mad but I'm actually looking forward to getting a nip from Medusa, she just doesn't seem the type though, very placid, very docile and gentle...

Anyone got any monster jungles to chuck my way?

I'll lend you a psycho mini coastal

Yes its true ... never say 'hey look my snake doesn't bite"

blam blam blam blam the little rotter got me and just reared at me again flicking his tongue like "I'll show you who doesnt bite' :p

Lets see... I have been:

Kissed by a water python

High-fived by a coastal carpet python

And almost been eaten by a woma!
(he couldn't get over the knuckle and then went for my phone when i tried to take a pic)

(PS my phone has a rubber skin thingy)

Well, they are only the ones I have taken photos of :lol:

Attachments

• kiss.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
  • budgie.jpg
    budgie.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 47
  • woma1.jpg
    woma1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 46