STILL no shed..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironmind91

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my jungle Sharon has been with me for a while now, and today will be the 5th feed I have given her (2 weaner rats) and still she hasn't shed once. She did before I got her (I'm told) but doesn't even look like it's coming haha. I know what to look for, and am yet to see a sign. She went into hiding for a few days and I thought "effing finally!) but she came out today and nothing. No milky eyes, I know they clear up but still. And she is kind of always been a bit blue or "smokey" so what gives??

Hi, ironmind91. This happened with my diamond python. I bought him 9 weeks ago and he still hasnt shed. He started to turn smokey about 5 weeks ago and he got milky eyes only 3 days ago. I asked someone on this forum about it and they said it was due to the snake slowing down its body during the cooler months. Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Well this is funny. My snake literally just shed less than an hour ago. Hopefully yours also does eventually.

There is nothing wrong with your snake because it hasn't shed, there is no set time frame for it. A snake will shed once it outgrows its current skin or it receives an injury and needs to shed in order to heal. Basically the more you feed the more the snake grows and the more it will shed. If its currently eating 2 weaner rats a feed bump the food size up to a hopper or small rat, you will be amazed at how large an item they can eat.
Your snake could also becoming up for a shed right now and you just missed the milky eye stage because it went and hid for the entire time. Snakes don't like to be active or exposed when their eyes are milky because it limits their vision and makes them feel vulnerable. Don't be surprised if you find a shed skin in the next couple of days.
Cheers Cameron.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm in the middle of building a stand for her tank to sit on, so hopefully by the time I finish it I'll find some snake skin. Thanks again.

Don't worry about it at all. They shed when they need to.

For example my snake was in the blue milky stage for aggggggggggggges before she decided she was ready xD

Don't worry about it at all. They shed when they need to.

For example my snake was in the blue milky stage for aggggggggggggges before she decided she was ready xD

my olive last week had cloudy eyes buy only shed his skin yesterday mine normally shed 6 to 8 weeks depending on age

Shedding anxiety... seems to be replacing faeces appearance anxiety. You guys clearly haven't got enough to keep you occupied.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back