Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehunter

Reaction score
Published in the latest Broadhead News (Hawkesbury Herp Society),
"Reward offered - return of albino red bellied black snake
A reward has been offered for information that leads to the return of the albino red belly. This snake is one of a kind, approx 130 to 150cm long. If you have seen this snake or know of anyone who knows it's whereabouts please contactthe HHS on 98329013. John Cann has offered a Black-headed Python for the recovery of this snake."

Can't believe how low some people are...

Just another example of the dark side of the hobby no-one talks about.. unfortunately it will continue to happen which is why you should NEVER give address details out IMO, National Parks should change there licencing to stop things like this happening.

Im sure it will turn up in someones collection, or you will see little albino's for sale somewhere soon enough..

If you want, give me a call tomorrow and we can go over some details and put something in the next issue of Scales & Tails Aust. to try and help get the word out for you and get this snake back.

PM me for my phone number if you think this will help.
Troy K

holy heck didnt know there was one! Hope they find it! id be pretty cut too.

There was a picture of it in Reptiles Australia a couple of years ago.

Being the only one, it's going to look sus if/when someone starts selling baby albinos down the track. If the original owner kept a DNA sample they'll be able to prove that any albinos being sold down the track originate from their animal. As a 'trophy animal' it has minimal value because it needs to be kept secret, and as a breeding animal it is probably only of value overseas, because if you tried to sell babies at home the lynch mob would probably get you. Whether or not you're safe overseas is questionable.

I wouldn't rely on your address being unknown. If people want to find out, they will, so prepare.

Just another example of the dark side of the hobby no-one talks about.. unfortunately it will continue to happen which is why you should NEVER give address details out IMO, National Parks should change there licencing to stop things like this happening

Unfortunately, it's quite possibly someone who knows the owner, or knows of them through someone else......:(

Last edited:
sorry to say this but its most probably across the country by now
very sad to hear about it

Why do you say it's the only one? How can you be so sure of that. Just because only one person has come forward and said that they have one doesn't mean there aren't any others out there.

Well rumour has it that there are two other albino red bellies around. One in Qld and another in Vic.

OMG!! this is like the 3rd stolen snake i've heard of in the last 6 months.
i think we should start investing in cameras in our herp rooms.

Will

Must of been fun to try and get it out of the cage quickly!!!!:rolleyes:

National Parks should change there licencing to stop things like this happening.

Not sure if National Parks can control theft with a licensing system.....

Published in the latest Broadhead News (Hawkesbury Herp Society),
"Reward offered - return of albino red bellied black snake
A reward has been offered for information that leads to the return of the albino red belly. This snake is one of a kind, approx 130 to 150cm long. If you have seen this snake or know of anyone who knows it's whereabouts please contactthe HHS on 98329013. John Cann has offered a Black-headed Python for the recovery of this snake."

Can't believe how low some people are...

hey brian
sad to here mate i'll keep an eye out around the newcastle sene for ya.

cheers Dayle

gee, thats so low,..

would an old shed contain DNA?

im sure the original owner would have a skin lying around somewhere,....

Just another example of the dark side of the hobby no-one talks about.. unfortunately it will continue to happen which is why you should NEVER give address details out IMO, National Parks should change there licencing to stop things like this happening.

Im sure it will turn up in someones collection, or you will see little albino's for sale somewhere soon enough..
You do NOT have to give out your full address when buying or selling herps, according to DECCW just putting their suburb into your books in fine.

Thanks Gex

gee, thats so low,..

would an old shed contain DNA?

im sure the original owner would have a skin lying around somewhere,....

good idea Chris'

but I reckon the snake is long gone possibly even overseas

This is the unfortunate thing with a cash based hobby. Desireable commodity = rare, unusual or perceived easy to sell herp. Some lowlife who wants some quick cash won't hesitate to steal your pride and joy.
Bring back public flogging or lashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back