Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can anyonein the act of breaking into your property do this. 1st - Knock them off - 2nd - drag them to the car - 3rd - drive out to the bush (nearest paddocks) - 4th - Open the boot - 5th - Make sure they are actually deceased - 6th - Drive home, shower, burn clothes, vaccum car, go to bed :twisted:

I am so at a loss for words, i really can't believe it. It's one thing for someone to catch wind of what you have and attempt a break in but this really looks like someone that knows the place reasonably well. :shock: Makes you feel uneasy. Sorry to hear about this Neil =(

Nagraj said:
Looks like it is an expensive and well set up herp room, but it had no alarm system?

A (back to base) alarm system is a definite must.

Surveilance systems, cameras and video recording, are relatively cheap these days and also a worth while addition.

I made a mental note to myself that if I ever used a tin shed for a snake room that I would include heavy duty reo bar in the walls. It would be relatively cheap to do at construction time and slow prospective thieves significantly.

Herp theft is getting more and more common and i quess it will keep doing so with the money involved with reptiles these days.

Makes you worry
nick

Its crap that it has to come to this though :(

Ive got a 2mp webcam set up on motion detection, it automatically starts recording to the HDD and uploading still frames to the web. Even if they take the PC the pics are still on a server in another location.

That sucks! Hope you get your herps back neil, were all keeping an eye out for you :wink:

Very sorry for your loss Neil, they were very nice pythons too :(

I'm seriously thinking of getting a surveilance camera now, I already have the alarm and dogs but you can never be too careful these days! :evil:

Sdaji said:
Thor1: if it was just a prop it would be legal, but if it had hypodermic syringes for fangs and it was programmed to bite people, it would be illegal (despite being more impressive than the stuff Q comes up with).

Funny that people are allowed to have guard dogs but not booby traps. Then again, burglars have sued the owners of guard dogs after being attacked. Sick sad world :(

You can still be sued if your "Gaurd Dog" bites the intruder unless the signage is appropriate.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :cry: No one likes a scum bag theif. :evil:

I had a security system in my house in T'ville, and was broken into, they sh*t them selfs and ran. didn't even pick up my mobile phone from the bench 1M from the door they broke through.
Well worth the cost.

that is awful stupid b@sterds
maybe people will have to put in video cameras
but you shouldnt have to
i hopw you get them back

There are a lot of mongrelised deros in this hobby, and they all know who they are.!!
Thats why i spent over 5 grand making my snake room virtualy impossible to break in to, with top of the line security doors, 2x alarms, and a few other nasty surprises for anyone who wants to try.
Come on a--- holes, make my day.!!!! I dare ya.!!
I would just love to catch someone in the act, and if anyone does try, I WILL catch them, just might spend a few years in jail after ive finished with them thats all.!!

This morning Mum had the radio on 3AW (693) and I caught ear of the word snake. Neil called up to tell people to keep their eyes out - poor Neil is ovbiously missing them.

Was wondering if people know if you can insure pets for thieft and more to the point can you insure reptiles (pythons) for thieft?

Can anyone recommend?

That's a good point Snakegal. I had a diamond taken a couple f months but thankfully I did'nt need to ask the insurance company as he was kindly returned to me about 30 hours later.

I know you cant insure them through racv and aami people because i asked. Maybe try ringing a wildlife park or something because they must have some sort of insurance

This kinda crap makes me wonder wether i should keep goin with this hobby
It makes you sick when stuff like this happens, it sh**s me to tears
Hope he gets em back

Yeah I'll get onto my broker today and let you all know. For me mine aren't worth a lot of $$ but they're my babies so they're priceless to me. Just good for peace of mind also.

???

Jacob said:
This kinda crap makes me wonder wether i should keep goin with this hobby

Hi Jacob, We can't let people like these scumbags deter us from enjoying our hobby. If you they have won. What goes around comes around. I pray that if they get caught that their names will be published for one and all to see.

If they read this do the following, "Take the snakes and leave them at the front of a police station - with a sign that states "Stolen snakes from Neil Sonneman" Please return.

Then they should crawl back under the rock they came out of and ????????.

RE: ???

By the way, if you hold onto the snakes YOU WIL GET CAUGHT trust me. Have a heart.

RE: ???

Come on shamous these scumbags dont have a heart thats why they did this in the first place, just because they obviously cant afford to set there own room up they have to steel every other hard working persons stuff. Its been said before what goes around comes around and I bet they go sooking to the cops when it happens to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back