Strange scales

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluelindley

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just came across these strange scales on my female diamond python and just wondering if someone could help me out to what it's is, how it may have started and how I fix it. It's in three different places and in different sizes. She also shed two weeks ago. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Brendon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 57
I've seen exactly this before. Mine was on a Water python that had a stuck shed. I tried soaking her and picking it off a couple of times (for people who know typical Waters you will know how fun this was) but nothing got rid of it. I actually started thinking it might be a burn scar but that's basically impossible because her heating comes from a heat cord that doesn't get hot enough to burn. The next time she shed though I just cranked the humidity right up and she shed perfectly and now you wouldn't even know it was there.

Thanks mate and yes I can imagine the fun you had while do it, so it's nothing seriously bad to rush her to the vet?? Just wait until next shed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back