Substitute snake food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cold-B-Hearts

Obviously people feed rodents but what else do people feed their snakes. Iv heard of people feeding chicken necks, quails, pigeons and I even remember seeing photos of Paul feeding a jungle broccoli!
What else do people feed their snakes!

Iv been running low on hopper rats for the past month so I decided to offer two of my snakes a little bit of sliced bacon, was surprised how keen they were on it!

Not to sure have actually heard of people making homemade sausages though and feeding them.

I dont keep snakes but would they eat sausages?
I have feed my spotted black snake a sausage once. Took it without any hesitation, even had a video of it. Think I have lost that video though.
Cheers Cameron

day old chicken even up to adult chickens depending on size of the snake, quails.

Chicken neck when I ran out of food, and occasionally to see if he is actually hungry before defrosting a rat and (possibly) wasting it

I have feed my spotted black snake a sausage once. Took it without any hesitation, even had a video of it. Think I have lost that video though.
Cheers Cameron

That would have been hilarious to watch :lol: Well, I would find it funny :oops:

I have heard of rat sausages for sale commercially but they were not a big hit.

Rob feeds his RBBs cat food sometimes. Chicken necks are the only 'exotic' thing I have fed to my pythons. Otherwise it has been rodents and quail.

Y the hell would u bother???????? your snake needs vital requirements via the organs of there prey.....so chicken necks has organs??...NOW i got a problem...(i cant comment on cat food and sausages as they r OFFAL!!!!)...ha ha got ya here HEY............and we all know what Offal contains (bit of this and a bit of that lol)
Chears Me Dears
Pete8)

As a staple diet you are correct that chicken necks, drumsticks, sausages and cat food are a poor dietary choice for a snake. However as I see it once every month or two there is not going to be any ill effects.
Cheers Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back