Tell us about your bredli!

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Slo_fuzz, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slo_fuzz

Slo_fuzz Suspended Banned

So at the VHS expo I picked up a gorgeous little 4 month old bredli hatchy, who also happens to be my first snake. It was his extremely placid nature and comfortableness being handled that made the little voice inside me know this was the one.

So come on, tell me about your bredli, it's temperament, and why you think they're so special, or on the contrary, if you own the bredli from hell, share your story!

For me it's placid temperament( not a snappy hatchy in the lot), beautiful coloring and inquisitive nature. I'll post pics asap!

2. Cambart1991

Cambart1991 Not so new Member

i love my bredli to bits. she is the most placid snake ever, she will always want to come back to me when she is with other people. extremely affectionate nature. they are a great snake and very simple to look after. here are a few picks of my girl "skittles" she is three now.
    Picture 109.jpg Picture 121.jpg Picture 116.jpg

3. Slo_fuzz

Slo_fuzz Suspended Banned

She's absolutely gorgeous, my little guy looks slot like her, just smaller. Skittles is such a cute name.

4. Asharee133

Asharee133 Very Well-Known Member

My little boy was really scared when he was younger hes the most awesome snake :) hes about 11 months. 100_2259.jpg 100_2255.jpg [​IMG]

5. sutto75

sutto75 Well-Known Member

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    nice looking Bredlis everyone here are my two Brenda and brendan they be in love.......lol and about 14 mths old DSCN0679.jpg

6. byron_moses

byron_moses Suspended Banned

my two are great also my first snakes got them from baden and couldnt be happier with them

Attached Files:

7. AshMan

AshMan Well-Known Member

i picked up my 2 year old female bredli a week ago today :D she's beautiful and eats like a demon :D she's quite cage defensive though, she never tries to bite but hisses very loudly and tried to make you cower in fear haha :D she cant get me to back down though lol :D

8. JimWetherall

JimWetherall Active Member

My Bredl's is definitely the calmest snake in my collection, never bites, eats like a pro and never causes me any problems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cement

cement Subscriber Subscriber APS Veteran

I have two Bredli, I bought them a few years ago as a pair to breed but it turns out they are both female! One is bigger then the other, with the smaller one being just under 8ft. I have sold the smaller female and will probably hang onto the larger one as she is huge, over 8ft and has a real demeanour about her. I don't handle either of them much as I have to many snakes, though they do get a run on the grass in the sun occasionally.

They are the only species I have that freak out if taken outside to the point of freezing and staying dead still. This is the point that I carefully pick them up and put them back in their enclosure. The larger one has another interesting way of letting me know she has had enough. She starts grabbing me with her tail, and if you don't avoid this grabbing and she locks you on, guess what's coming!

Here's photos of the small one.

Attached Files:

10. Trouble

Trouble Very Well-Known Member

gorgeous Bredli everyone :)

My girl is the most placid snake I have, she feeds like a trooper. I have never had a problem with her, she has only struck at me once, but that was because I smelt like rat. :lol: I can't wait until she gets bigger. At the moment, she's just hit over 6ft. I've got to bulk her up a bit more though, so hopefully she'll stop growing length wise soon, and start filling out.
    Bredli are awesome, I definitely would recommend them to anyone!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Jdsixtyone

Jdsixtyone Very Well-Known Member

My Bredli has a stripe and is a pig :lol:

12. solar 17

solar 17 Guest

A Bredli hatched in mid October! l have never heard of it before does anybody else have their Bredli hatching in October or is it something else l have just learnt.
    l was under the impression the vast majority hatched, Jan./Feb./Mar. solar 17 [Baden]

13. guzzo

guzzo Very Well-Known Member

Great pics and great looking snake

14. bkevo

bkevo Subscriber Subscriber

true mine only hatched out last week

15. snakeguy

snakeguy Not so new Member

mines awesome 7ft and he is my biggest snake and i have only had him for 2 months hisses like there no tomorrow when i am getting him out but never bitten (want to but i would like to know what it feels like from a large snake other snakes are only little babys)

16. Sutto82

Sutto82 Well-Known Member

Mine is 13 months old, up until a couple of weeks ago he would snap at me everytime I went to grab him out.

Lately though he has settled down alot and doesn't stress when being handled. He's even at the point now where he's sitting at the glass waiting for me to grab him out.

17. MRO33

MRO33 Not so new Member

I have three Bredli's one male standard, female hypo and male hypo. My male standard is the best nature snake ever he has no dramas coming out and staying out for ages, if ever he is not in the mood he lets me know and i leave him alone. My two hypos are quite young so a little bit tempermental but haven't had any issues with them they a just a bit flighty at times

18. AUSHERP

AUSHERP Well-Known Member

IMG_0784.jpg IMG_0758.jpg
    my bredli pair,at 1 year old, they are now 2, will post some more recent pics when i get a chance.

19. snakeguy

snakeguy Not so new Member

i just love there heads and the brown, white and black combo

20. Chris1

Chris1 cupcake Subscriber

my big boy turned 5 the other day (31st jan)

regardless of whether hes indoors or out in the aviary he always comes down from his perch and nose rubs at the door when i get home from work.
    Once hes had his attention hes happy to ignore me again, but if he doesnt get at least a 5 mins hello he'll nose rub for hours.

such a placid fella, i have no hesitation sticking my head in his cage and waking him up with a big sloppy kiss on the nose/head

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.