Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeman97404

Reaction score
Tell use your most silly,stuped or funny story that has happened while being around a snake.
Mine is when l was on by bed and had my Olive out and I started to brush dirt off witch was from the dog. And when I checked on my snake she was all ready to bite me thinking my hand was food.
I moved and she all most taged me so I had to get my mum to get the hook and put her back in her enclosure.
Please share!

When I'd only had my Stimmie for a couple of weeks, someone told me that if I opened the glass door and held my hand flat and still, that the snake would come and go up my arm....WRONG...he came out and saw my middle finger and thought it was food.....tagged !!!! :) I haven't done that again, :) thought it didn't hurt, it sure gave me a shock, I think the person who told me to do it, knew what would happen. :)

when a brown snake escaped from a bag in dads car i borrowed.Ever tried to find a brown snake loose in a falcon station wagon??its a mugs game but funny

hmmm hamish is the spawn of satan? lol. out of all my snakes the smallest (30cm long childreni) Hamish is the scariest. I fear him more than the BHP, olive and 6 foot bredli. lol. but i actually held him today without him attacking him so maybe the exorcism worked..... :p

I offered my big male jungle a left over weaner rat the other day, he wasn't impressed by how small the rat was and decided that the big thing on the other end of the tongs was meant for him.

i had to answer my front door while my darwin was attached to my finger once...

me: yeah, nows not really a good time...
guy selling stuff::shock:

haha

haha not having a crack at religions, but was re housing an eastern brown at home when some JW's turned up, they snuck up on me and scared me, so i spun round putting the eastern brown bout 3 cm from their face lol..... i am innocent.... they surprised and scared me,,,, not the best time to sneak up on some one when they have a 6 ft brown in their hands!

Ha, yes, the local Johos know that im a lost cause but still visit,drop off their two mags and ask questions about snakes and wildlife ect.
I usually chat to them on the front step as I have bought a few of them over to the dark side in the past.
They love to talk about evolution and darwinism ect.not.
i love to stick it to them,lol

haha good one baz....one day they had a look at my enclosures and i had copper head in the enclosure... they got right up to the glass to look and asked " Whats in here?" didnt have to answer the snake struck at them through the glass... they pooped them selves and said that they were part of the devil.... so i tried to have a joke and said,,, well the devil just made you poop ur self.. and had a giggle... they didnt like it

I had a call out to a shippping yard once to remove a suspected gwardar a while back. When i arrived on site a big bloke walked upto me with a gar bag and shoved it into my chest. The bag was a little bit open and i saw a small gwardar about 8 inches from my face 'S'ing at me with a gaping mouth.

yep have done the meet the Mormons at the front door with the 5ft darwin wrapped around me as I was in the middle of cleaning out his cage. I just looked at them from the other side of the screen door and said now is not a good time ......

Ha Gordo, i remember that story.

The other day a lady rang me because she had found two baby black snakes dead in her driveway.

I went out there and she had kept the little snake bodies in a snaplock bag.

On inspection of the contents i found them to be dried out earthworms.

One had dried in such a way as to look like a snake head,lol.
Needles to say, she felt just a little silly,and $50 poorer

haha

That is the second earthworm related callout i have had.

Ha Gordo, i remember that story.

The other day a lady rang me because she had found two baby black snakes dead in her driveway.

I went out there and she had kept the little snake bodies in a snaplock bag.

On inspection of the contents i found them to be dried out earthworms.

One had dried in such a way as to look like a snake head,lol.
Needles to say, she felt just a little silly,and $50 poorer

haha

That is the second earthworm related callout i have had.

Yeah i had an earthworm call out once. The only other catcher in darwin at the time had gone out to this lady a few days before because she had seen a snake crawl under her car but he didn't find it. She called me because she found snake skin in the drivers foot well. When i got there i found a dried up earthworm lol.She felt pretty thick lol and i don't think i helped with how much i was laughing lol. She worked at the bar of the turf club and shouted me lunch after, so it worked out quite well.

Do you get many rubber snake calls?

My friend just got his first snake, an underfed adult bull, lol. He was kind of afraid of it, and called me over.

"look, the snake is fine. He just hisses because it's what they do - there is nothing you could even do to make him bite you. here, watch"
*waves my finger in front of the snakes face*
"look, I'm a mouse! Look, I'm a mou....
Snake: chomp
"okay, well then, just don't do that and you'll probably be fine".
Snake: "hisssssssss"
Me: *bleed*

It worked out for the best though, turns out after seeing me get bit my friend realized it really wasn't a big deal anyway. That snake never did bite anyone else, ever.

My little spotted tagged me on the nose and would let go :)
I usually let her have fun, and wrap around my glasses frame, then one day she saw the my nose looked quite interesting and grabbed it. Yeh i dont let her explore near my head now :D i'm even more scared of her than Chill who is a coastal x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back