Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'd only had my Stimmie for a couple of weeks, someone told me that if I opened the glass door and held my hand flat and still, that the snake would come and go up my arm....WRONG...he came out and saw my middle finger and thought it was food.....tagged !!!! :) I haven't done that again, :) thought it didn't hurt, it sure gave me a shock, I think the person who told me to do it, knew what would happen. :)
yep i did that with my first spotted , got the same resault as you did .
i was also told to stroke the back half of the snake - mistake number 2 .
i thought ok ill give it a try , i thought everything was going ok . the spotted didnt SEEM to mind , she casualy turned around a came over to me and then did the coil and tag trick . so thatwent on the WHAT NOT TO DO LIST .:lol:

Hi i had my 6 foot costal out in the lounge when i got up to answer the door her tail was wrapped through my belt so took her with me. A shocked looking young girl collecting for red cross quickly ran down to my front gate screaming to her waiting mum he's got his snake in his hand. Her mum looked at me with disgust then saw it was actually a snake and not what she first thought.

Hahaha these stories are gold :D

I have a funniest for each snake...

~ Shadow (yearling jungle) ~
A few weeks after I first got little Shadow I was on my computer chatting on APS, and editing photos of him. One photo I made so that I could use it at Christmas (it was February at the time), so I put a animated Santa hat on him. At that very minute he went to the dusty part of my desk and spun around too quickly, so when he lifted his head up he had a Santa beard made out of dust :D

~Striker (Bredi juvie)~
Recently I was told to move the rats from one freezer to another by my Dad (no idea why), so I avoided any form of contact with the rats themselves and only touched the clear plastic packet that they were in. I didn't think that would be any trouble because I didn't touch the actual rats. Boy was I wrong. Now just as I wanted to clean my enclosure my cousin (who I've just converted into a reptile lover) Daniel turned up and said "Where are those gorgeous little snakey wakeys? Can I hold Striker???" (A 12 yo boy said that hahaha)
So I said "Yeah okay sure. I'll just get him for you." , Now if theres one thing you should know about Striker, it's that he's the most placid snake in the whole world, NOT a biter whatsoever, but he reeeeally loves his food.

So I reach my hand in to pick him up......

.....and let's just say that Striker lived up to his name..... :lol:
2mgowo8.jpg

My first snake feeding story -

I had only had my first snake, Ari, for a week and it was time for her first feed in her new home. It was also the first time that I had to defrost mouse.

I had researched that I should defrost it in luke warm water, but I did it in hot water, thinking that Ari would prefer the mouse warm. Big mistake.

When I was holding the mouse, transfering it from the bowl to the enclosure, it exploded!!! MOUSE GUTS EVERY WHERE!!

From then on, luke warm was the way to go ;)

I had my jungle out around my shoulders years ago
& was having a conversation with a friend
so I didn't notice that he was ready to go to the toilet...

Chatting away all of a sudden my coffee cup was getting heavier & heavier
I look down only to see him doing his business directly over the cup.

Needless to say the cup was reserved for "special"
guests from that day forward ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back