Thermostat reccomendations

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by SunnyCoastMorelia, Sep 13, 2017.

1. SunnyCoastMorelia

SunnyCoastMorelia New Member

Looking into buying a dimming thermostat as these are required for running heat bulbs (correct me if I am wrong). What brands/models do you recommend? I was looking at the "b1 microclimate" from urs.

2. Pauls_Pythons

Pauls_Pythons Subscriber Subscriber Power Seller

You don't need dimming for globes but they will help the globes last longer than with on/off.
    I use habistat or microclimate. You will get every suggestion under the sun on here from a $10 Chinese special up to the best most accurate available. I prefer to go reliable and reasonable price.

3. MANNING

MANNING Subscriber Subscriber

I'm using a couple different types but I must say the istat-pulse plus is one of the better ones that I've used. It's a thermostat, thermometer, hygrometer and barometer all in one with a digital display. It's able to work in on/off, pulse, dimmer or cooling modes and has a few other fancy features like hourly temp settings and high/ low warnings. Prices definetely vary between sellers and they do make a compact version( haven't tried one tho). In my opinion it was worth the money and ill be buying more when money permits. Worth having a look at

SunnyCoastMorelia likes this.
  4. MDPython

MDPython Well-Known Member

I am using a b1 micro they are good but have just purchased a istat compact and extremely happy with it lots of features. Will be looking into a plus version next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk