Thought this might make a few of you chuckle...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippii

Reaction score
I had Floyd out for some out-in-the-sun fun for a while. He seemed to love it, though I'm sure I loved it more. It always makes me smile, seeing my little critters cruising through the grass, it just looks so natural.

Anyway! After our fun, I brought Floyd back inside and set him on the bench for just a moment while i quickly poured a glass of water. In the 5 or so seconds he was sitting on the bench (don't worry, I never left the room, I was within a foot of him the whole time) he managed to get up to some mischief! My thumb ring which I'd taken off for snakey-time had been sitting on the bench, and Floyd happened upon it. Of course, being the inquisitive little critter he is, he decided to crawl straight through it (of all the bench space he could have crawled on...)
He's just the right size that he could get his head in and about a third of his body before no more would pass through the ring.. Which is of course what happened. For a brief moment I watched him, thinking how lovely he looked and how the pink gemstone brought out his eyes haha.. but within seconds I realised he was too chubs to fit all the way through the ring. At this point, I picked him up and attempted to slide the ring off, but he'd done a good job really wedging himself in there. Pulling back on the ring only raised his scales, and if I kept pulling I feared I would damage him. I spent about 20 minutes trying to gently push his little scales down to slide the ring off.. Thank god Floyd's as chill as he is, I'd imagine most snakes would have gotten tired of the whole activity fast and gotten quite snippy.

20 minutes down, and I was beginning to fear that what I'd originally thought was a cute harmless moment of mischief was going to become quite serious. In a moment of frustration, I stopped trying to work the ring off him. I just looked at him and said "look at you, you cheeky boy, what are we going to do now.." haha yep, I talk to my little ear-less slitherers. I'm aware he couldn't hear me much less understand me, but the timing was brilliant. Almost immediately he did a little backwards wiggle, and he was out of that damn ring! My jaw almost hit the tops of my shoes. I couldn't believe he'd sat there quietly the entire time, letting me try to get the ring off, only to wait until I'd given up to do a little 2 second wiggle and crawl right out of the thing.. Honestly now :p

Gotta love snakes.. They may not realise it, but they ARE cheeky!

(sorry about the picture quality, I didn't realise, but I accidentally videoed a second of footage instead of taking a photo. So this is a screenshot from the second of video)

FloydRing_zps72efa68a.png

Just thought I'd share :)

x

Last edited:
Awesome story, picture should be your new wallpaper on your screen

Haha oh Floyd you cheeky bugger :p thanks for sharing Skippii, really did make me giggle :D
Em

haha thanks guys, I keep most of their silliness to myself, but I thought this was worth sharing! Once it was over and I realised I wasn't going to have to have my ring cut off him, I definitely had a good laugh. He's a gorgeous boy, but he really does love getting into everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING :p I'll have to keep a closer eye on him

Last edited:
Oh god, I just noticed the typo I made in the title.. That's going to bug me forever now (or until this thread gets archived and disappears forever). I suppose there's no way to edit the title haha, I'm normally so careful! Ah well, long day at work

yes my water python needs whiskers I think, he loves slithering through things he has no chance of fitting through. Luckily those URS 'clay pots' are so cheaply made, he shattered one trying to squeeze through a hole he shouldn't of. Sorry no pics though.

My biggest fear is trying to cut them out of something, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be very happy!

And people ask what's so exciting about having pet snakes... They're missing out on a whole world of excitement! haha

Honestly if I had to cut Floyd out of something, I think he'd just sit there like he was getting a massage. That's what he did while I was pulling on the ring trying to slide it off him. I would have thought having his scales ruffled would have hurt or at least been uncomfortable.

Crazy critters :D

Very lucky, i guess some kind of lube may have helped but you would need to be careful that it wasn't toxic to your snake.

hee hee, I think he wanted to marry you :lol: Would be an awesome way to purpose though ;)

I did consider that, but it wasn't lack of slip that made the ring impossible to pull off. It was the fact that he was wedged in there pretty tight, and pulling back against his scales made his scales actually pop up and grip onto the ring even more. I don't think lube would have helped much lol

hee hee, I think he wanted to marry you :lol: Would be an awesome way to purpose though ;)

:shock: but... this leaves so many unanswered questions. How would our first dance go? What would he wear to the wedding, a black and white sock?

:shock: but... this leaves so many unanswered questions. How would our first dance go? What would he wear to the wedding, a black and white sock?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is so funny! Never mind that, what about his table manners?!

Is Floyd an intergade? I thought I could see a bit of diamond in him.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is so funny! Never mind that, what about his table manners?!

Never mind any of that as long as we are all invited :p

Oh god, I just noticed the typo I made in the title.. That's going to bug me forever now (or until this thread gets archived and disappears forever). I suppose there's no way to edit the title haha, I'm normally so careful! Ah well, long day at work
And with a wave of my fairy godmother wand....... Hey presto !

baha, this thread has gone to a rather unique place..

Nevermind his table manners.. what would this arrangement mean for our kids?? Sorry guys, the wedding's off!

Oh Jax, you never fail to save my butt, and in an entertaining fashion i might add. My hero! Thanks for that, was driving me crazy looking at that typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Floyd an intergade? I thought I could see a bit of diamond in him.

Floyd's a cape york carpet.. Which apparently doesn't mean a bunch haha, the whole lot of them tend to look quite different from one another. Not to mention some "cape york carpets" are more akin to jungles, and some to coastals. Someone really needs to sort that out imo :p

baha, this thread has gone to a rather unique place..

Nevermind his table manners.. what would this arrangement mean for our kids?? Sorry guys, the wedding's off!

Oh Jax, you never fail to save my @$$, and in an entertaining fashion i might add. My hero! Thanks for that, was driving me crazy looking at that typo.

You broke Floyd's heart :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back