Veiws and care on the ridge tail monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jake0476

Reaction score
:lol: just wanted to know about peoples veiws on the ridge tail monitor (varanus acanthurus) on how they are to keep in captivity, how you would rate them as pets, handling, temprement, feeding, housing and just your overall thought on the monitor :lol:
so how woul you rate the ridge tail monitor overall being 1 bad and 10 being excellant

Monitors are great as pets , I've got a few ridges as pets and they are very active some of them handle quit good while others have a bit of temperament, feeding is the same as lets say bearded dragons except that monitors generally don't eat vegies or fruit they're meat eaters either insects or beef heart. housing 3 or 4 in a 4 by 2 by 2 foot tank with plenty of hiding and plenty of heat and UV......

I am about to get a species closely related to ackies :). They make great pets and have awesome personallities. There basking spot has to be around 45 degrees C. I would give them a 10/10. also do a search on a search engine for 'ackies' and you will get lots of stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back