VIC Licence question

Discussion in 'Herp Help' started by sandyman123, May 21, 2018.

1. sandyman123

sandyman123 New Member

Hello there, i'm planning on getting my first snake one day (hopefully soon), and after doing a lot of research, I have narrowed it down to four snakes that I believe will suit me as a beginner, Woma python, Bredli carpet Python, Darwin carpet python and Stimpsons python. Can all four of these pythons be kept under a basic wildlife licence in VIC? And what are your opinions and experiences with these snakes?

2. Tyloop

Tyloop Not so new Member

yep, they can all be kept on basic.

IMO you cant beat a woma, however lots of snakes are quite similar in their care needs. I would suggest choosing the snake that you are most intrested in and doing your research from there.

Mick666 likes this.
  3. Mick666

Mick666 Active Member

plus one on the womas, really cool snakes.

4. Stompsy

Stompsy Subscriber Subscriber

I have Albino Darwins for sale.

Bl69aze likes this.
  5. sandyman123

sandyman123 New Member

Thank you for letting me know, but unfortunately I do not have a wildlife licence yet. I will be getting on top of that now that I know that the snakes I have narrowed down to can all be kept under a basic licence.

I also want to get some peoples opinions on the snakes I have listed before I decide, as I have never owned a snake before, so this will help a lot.
    thank you again.

Luckily I found that all four pythons extremely interesting (and beautiful tbh) while researching them, and have researched the pros and cons such as cage defensiveness (which I will be able to handle), and I believe the pros greatly outweigh the cons. I am leaning more towards getting a Woma as my first one, but decided that it wouldn't hurt get other peoples opinions just in case I change my mind..

thank you for all your comments so far :)

Tyloop and Stompsy like this.