Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well for some time now ive wanted a new herp (dont we all) and i had a snake in mind but parents said a big fat NO, also monitors
are too big :rolleyes:, so all i have a hope of getting is geckos and dragon/skinks.. ive been seriously contemplating getting a marbled gecko or a knobby but yesterday was on the christmas day herping thread and saw pics of a painted dragon and now im addicted to those, so any info on painted dragons or any other lizard/ gecko species i should get just comment...

i know ive asked a lot of these sorts of questions :rolleyes: but bear with me, please
cheers, seb

Varanus Acanthurus can be kept in a similar sized enclosure to a beardie. A 4x2 foot is fine for an adult or two.

Edit: also keen to see what some smaller dragon species are like. Ie. netteds, painted or military.

@jbowers yeah ive definatly thought ackies but availability in my area is....bad, same with netteds, painteds and militarys...but some places in melbourne have them...

@tayla thanks ill check them out

Just freight what you want using AAE. It's fine if you cant get them locally.

Make sure you see pics of the animal first though, obviously.

If you want something small, different and isn't a snake, get a Pygopus sp, Scaley Foot lizards are super easy and hardy (unlike small dragon species) don't require alot of room and eat insects readily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back