what is a good lizard in WA for a beginner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman59

Reaction score
im a newbie and im getting a lizard for xmas please help me decide REMEMBER IM IN WA thanks:D

im in W.A too, i just got a stimsons and i relly want a dragon aye

I started nearly 30 years ago with a Shingleback. Great species and a good option for a beginner.
I still keep them all these years later!

im not a fan of bluey's and shingle backs i think there ugly and i wouldnt want to hold one haha, id rather dragons :)

The ole Bobtail/Shingleback is an awesome start to a reptile collection- they are so robust and feed easily and can't run away from you like some Dragons etc. And settle well in captivity like a snake on your arm or a Bobtail in your lap. You can't go wrong.

Theres heaps of dragons from WA u could get in2 mulgas,frillys,ring tails,(mallee or central or spotted military dragons),central netteds,western netteds,ornate dragons,painteds,claypans,lozenge-marked dragons,canegrass or blue-lined dragons,dwarf beardeds,nullarbor beardeds,small scaled beardeds,western heath dragons,pebble dragons,centralian & nullarbor or lined earless dragons are all found in WA just which 1's u can keep over there l dont know thats 4 u guyz 2 find out.
GOOD LUCK

Western Bearded Dragons P.m.minor are the next best ones to keep, I have 4 adults that are tame as hell and will be happy to just sit on your arm.
I will be selling my 1st and 2nd clutch around the end of Jan when they are 3 months old, so thats when you will start seeing hatchlings for sale.

Would have to agree with getting a shingleback. A western bluetongue would also be great if you can find one. Both species are very hardy, handle well , and you don't need to worry about live food.

Theres heaps of dragons from WA u could get in2 mulgas,frillys,ring tails,(mallee or central or spotted military dragons),central netteds,western netteds,ornate dragons,painteds,claypans,lozenge-marked dragons,canegrass or blue-lined dragons,dwarf beardeds,nullarbor beardeds,small scaled beardeds,western heath dragons,pebble dragons,centralian & nullarbor or lined earless dragons are all found in WA just which 1's u can keep over there l dont know thats 4 u guyz 2 find out.
GOOD LUCK

We aren't allowed to keep a lot of those....

I agree that bobtails are a great starter species in WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back