Whats your profession? And Why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I want a 2 stroke man, but still trying to get the research down ! SXF is the 4 stroke, yeah ?

Yeah dude, SXF is the 4 stroke. If you're not going to race competitively, I'd go for the 2 stroke. TONS of power and heaps easy to maintain. When it comes to rebuild time you can do it yourself in an hour or two. 4 strokes are a lot more complicated and expensive to maintain. Great bikes, though.

4 strokes have linear power and are for lazy riders (although if they're ridden hard on a track they'll still cane ya), 2 strokes will have you hanging on for dear life if you ride them the right way.

But are also harder to ride in certain conditions especially with a two stroke when you have to allways be in the meat of the band

Sounds good thanks man. Thats the go- hangin on for dear life with that off the mark power to get me to the other side of the tabletop...

Yeah I rode two strokes when I was a kid- from the QR50 up through KX60, 80, 125...then went to a DT175 Road/Trail, oldschool with the heavy tank, now a Harley Skirtster.... just want a toy for the weekends, get a little air, get dirty and have some fun without worrying whether the old lady in front of me in her car is gonna hit the brakes and make me lock it up and ride the wild bull for a couple of seconds ;)

Oh,and because you offered some info, I did your assignemnt for ya- well...the prep work anyway....

go check your PCA thread dude and have fun...

Lol, thanks man I'll have a geeze. When you get your bike let me know, we'll have an APS ride at black duck haha.

DONE AND DONE- Santas gonna have a chat to the wife and tell her its my right to blow my royalties in one foul swoop.... !!!!!!!!!

Get the wife a CRF230 and the kid a PW50 that he can ride with training wheels until he's older! They can't refuse you then, haha.

Whatever bike you get HP, I recommend getting a suspension tuner to wave magic over it to suit your weight/ riding style and the general terrain ridden. People that say stock suspension works well have never ridden with revalved shocks/forks with correct rated springs

For general riding there's no need to have a 1.5k suspension set up under you... Especially on new bikes. If you're racing and really having a crack then yeah sure, but people can still jump 100ft plus on bikes with stock suspension without a drama. A bit of a play with comp/rebound and sag is fine.

KR I've ridden a few late model bikes that are way too soft/hard even with adjusting clickers to suit myself. Yes I could still jump etc fine, but I don't feel as confident. My susp tuner charges me $400 to revalve and service forks and shock. When I first started riding again in my later years, no bike even today's current ones would suit a 115kg person plus gear(pushed me over 125kgs) so i needed new springs. Everyone likes diff things in suspension and i believe the money spent getting it done that could prevent damage to myself requiring a hospital visit to be money worth while.

New bikes won't need gold valvesor that, just a reshim of the stacks to improve comp/rebound

I work with elevators. It has its ups and downs.

At my job, i'm high up, i have 2000 people under me. I mow lawns at the cemetery.

Neither are true though.

just like my wife, with number 3 along the way
im an auto glazier for obrien glass, but was a cook,barman,waiter before this

Well Damo after glazing chicken for a crust, no doubt a windscreen isn't too far of a stretch...

I'm a stay at home mum and just recently started studying to be a personal trainer.

there doesnt seem to be a patern in the sorts of jobs we all have, just seems that reptiles are a common factor that have brought us all together :)

No... NOOOOO! N O !

Jesus was a carpenter - not someone who installed big off pallet racks... No... this is all wrong.. I'm going to call god in the morning.... That's right, you heard me... I'm calling him (her/it).

ayy what can i say times are tough

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today at work I was a painter. Thanks to idiots that cover trains with graffiti, I was lucky enough to be blessed with the job of painting over all the crap people write inside trains (such a crap job). Meant to be a fitter but got to love the new "Cross Skilling" as the call it. I keep telling my self "think of the money" lol

yeah thats the worst when you wake up every day sayin 2 yaself think of the money i think weve all been there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back