Width of Threads out of whack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was happening on EVERY thread whilst browsing on my work computer. I will check on monday when back at work.

Good on you Jay.
I was joking about everyone hitting return but maybe you'll start a trend.

Adam, this hasn't always been like this for me since the site upgrade.
It was perfectly fine at first. And I'm pretty sure I was able to submit quotes
after the upgrade too (if that helps in any way)

Last edited:
Adam, this hasn't always been like this for me since the site upgrade.
I was referring to a point upgrade, not the 4.0 upgrade. I think it might have changed when we moved from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5.

Too true Jay. If we all did this the problem would be solved.
Maybe it should be a new site rule "You must hit the return key after
typing 15 words"

And Adam, I can't see a quote on your last post, but if you were trying
to explain that to me you might as well have typed blah, blah, blah, blah.
I'm fairly stupid when it comes to computers and anything more than
turning them on and typing stuff.

i still have this problem and its very frustrating, particularly when trying to read threads, turning pages and replying to posts as i need to scroll 5 km's to the right hand edge of the page, i believe it is a syntax error, whatever that is

jay, i just downloaded internet explorer 8 it took 10 minutes, and i believe the problem is fixed,well it is on this thread anyway as i havent looked further yet, yippee thank goodness, i was going crazy, thanks to mods all good, i hope

I have the same problem on my work PC. And I don't have the authority to upgrade to IE8.
Can't we just go back the the previous forum software??? It's better to have a forum that works for
everyone.. even those with out the upgrades :)
The other two herp forums I'm on work still.... Maybe I'm being greedy wanting all three :)

jay, yes you can down load it, whats the problem, cost is free and its updating your boss's software from microsoft, no probs

I dont have the authority to download and upgrade software, if the bank wants it then they will organise it :(

Any chance in getting it fixed for non IE8 users????

jay, yes you can down load it, whats the problem, cost is free and its updating your boss's software from microsoft, no probs

Most big organisations like Riotinto or BHP dont allow their employees to update software or add software to their systems. Mainly to stop getting sued when they
are found with illegal software. Or software that is licensed for private use but not on a company pc...

I was under the impression it was fixed! Did it stop working again, or was it never fixed in the first place? If possible, can someone attach some screenshots of the various places this is happening?

It was never fixed on my computer? It happens in every thread i open. ill try take a screen shot and PM it to you.

I just followed instructions on clearing cookies and history. Closed browser and reopened and still same issue on all threads. :(

yeah I've never seen it fixed since it started happening... I'll get some screen shots up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back