young beardie pics and some advice if i could.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just snapped a pic or 2 that i liked and thought i would share. Just my iphone sorry not the best photos but you get the idea.
6209538657_4905a9890f_z.jpg

6209274681_29b1b1fb7b_z.jpg

also im about to get 2 ewd's and am lacking insperation on the design of my tank. my tank is a new glass 4ft high x 3ft deep x 5 ft wide. what are most people using for the water side? tub, small glass tank or do you advise to put in a glass divide and just fill with water? i guess what im after is maybe some pics of your tanks and ideas? ive tried the search button but cannot get good threads and google only returns chinese water dragon setups.. any help would be great.

Thanks in advance Toby

Last edited:
View attachment 220448

this was my old EWD tank 5 foot long 2and a bit high and about 1.5 deep. water section is glass divider siliconed in. i also had a hole cut in the bottom and ran an external canister filter so i only had to clean it every 4-6weeks. they love to defecate in the water, which means the rest of the tank is very easy to maintain, if you go with a tub for water make sure it's easy to get in and out for cleaning....otherwise it gets very messy

Green with envy - cuteness overload.

That baby beardie is such a cute lizard.

Eanie , Meanie and Moh are great too. (or are they the 3 stooges or the 3 musketeers ??) :)

I was going to get a tank the same size for my EWD and my idea was to have the whole bottom as a pond and then build a false floor on top 3/4 of the way across. I was also going to have a drainage hole put in the bottom for easy cleaning and have the floor so it could be removed.

Green with envy - cuteness overload.

That baby beardie is such a cute lizard.

Eanie , Meanie and Moh are great too. (or are they the 3 stooges or the 3 musketeers ??) :)

id say the three stooges i rekon. The three of them work as a team very efficiently to destroy the tank. lol

Garth vader in the first pic is the same dragon as in the far right of the 2nd pic but 1 day later. he shed very well in one day, now he is bright yellow.

I was going to get a tank the same size for my EWD and my idea was to have the whole bottom as a pond and then build a false floor on top 3/4 of the way across. I was also going to have a drainage hole put in the bottom for easy cleaning and have the floor so it could be removed.

I do quite like that idea, just not sure how i would secure a 2nd level to glass? would you just silicon in another level of glass with a lip to hold substrate?
i think it would be good to get the dragons as close as possible to the uv light.
i have a 30 inch 10.0 fluro and im told the effective distance from that is about 60cm?? correct me if im wrong too, id hate to not give these little guys the right uv. i have bought a book but im getting conflicting info..

View attachment 220448

this was my old EWD tank 5 foot long 2and a bit high and about 1.5 deep. water section is glass divider siliconed in. i also had a hole cut in the bottom and ran an external canister filter so i only had to clean it every 4-6weeks. they love to defecate in the water, which means the rest of the tank is very easy to maintain, if you go with a tub for water make sure it's easy to get in and out for cleaning....otherwise it gets very messy

Thats a stunning rock wall, and a very tidy tank. what filter was it? fluval440? or something like that? forgive me ive never really had an aquarium before. lol i like that set up. i think i will go for the plug hole set up to. did you just attach a hose with a tap to empty in to a bucket?

Last edited:
i cant remember the brand of filter...even tho i only sold it 4 weeks ago,lol. but it was the equivelant of a fluval, same price and flow rate and all that. and yeah it was all connected to hosing with taps on it, so to fully empty it i just bring in the backyard hose and connect it to the pump and empty it all into the garden, all up the tank and the filter held about 50+ L of water. so much easier then carryng 10-20L of dirty stincking water in a tub across your house to tip it in the garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back