Young lacey enclosure ( backdrop )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinky

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Made this backdrop for the lacey as I felt it would really benefit it ( mentally, physically ).
Basically was just expanding foam layered with acrylic render and bit of paint.004.jpg005.jpg

Finally a DIY rockwall thread where the rock wall doesn't look like it's covered in an unnatural amount of glossy sealer that makes it look like crap.

Looks really awesome, gotta be very happy with that.

Finally a DIY rockwall thread where the rock wall doesn't look like it's covered in an unnatural amount of glossy sealer that makes it look like crap.

Looks really awesome, gotta be very happy with that.

You do realise what the sealers do dont you? Unless you want it to go to crap (excuse the pun) it is best to seal it so you can easily clean it off.

Rick

You do realise what the sealers do dont you? Unless you want it to go to crap (excuse the pun) it is best to seal it so you can easily clean it off.

Rick
That is actually untrue to an extent, This lacey has crapped a million times on the rock wall and all it requires is a bit of warm water and a sponge.

Rick

Yes, I know exactly what sealer does. People over do it and make it look bad very often, the OPs background is very nice compared to most.

Sealer is there for hygiene reasons not to appeal to peoples sensitivities for aesthetic appeal! I don't know the toilet habit of lacies but let me tell you that when my 5yo coastal decides to empty his bladder when he's cruising I'm glad my background is well sealed! And when the left over rat emerges and he decides it ilooks much nicer smeared with the use of his entire 2•6 metres of muscle to redecorate his surroundings and creates a scene akin to a kindergarten kids mud pie paintings I'm thankful I have 'overdone' the sealer.

Some enclosure don't require heavy sealant. I probably wouldn't worry for the smaller species of snake or lizards.

But for larger inhabitants or owners with multiple enclosures I think it's a sensible choice

PS Blinky - GOOD JOB !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back