Gas Chamber idea's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchbo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all i have recently acquired a female rat who is pregnant and also has 5 babie's atm and im looking at setting up a gas chamber as im breeding them and am after design's for gas chamber's and how to do it.
i have tryed the search function and turned up hardly anything so i was wondering if anyone had some idea's for me plz

plz serious post's only as i only want design's

RE: Gas Chamber idea

i have built my own from things around the house. for the chamber i use an empty babies milk powder can, a small hole can be easily poked into the plastic top, and a piece of tube put into the hole, and sealed off with blu-tac and the other end of the tube into a plastic bag with the bi-carb and vinegar, (vinegar seperate in a jug untill mixing time) and taped off.
basically the same as the link, but just using what you have around the home :)

i just built one and i think it will work ok its going on its maiden voyage tommorrow lol

What kind of champers do you crack on the maiden voyage of a gas chamber ??? :p

Did you use caraig's link to build it? Let me know how you go was thinking about making one
from this site would be interested to see if it works fine.

Did you use caraig's link to build it? Let me know how you go was thinking about making one
from this site would be interested to see if it works fine.

Use an ols soda stream or soda syphon into a plastic bag tied on the nozzle with an elastic band. Works everytime.

1. Go to K-Mart and buy a large plastic storage container - sealed lid type
2. Go to Chemist or Vet Surgery and buy 50-100 ml Ether
3. Find an old glass jar with a lid - poke 5-10 large holes in the lid
4. Put an Ether-soaked cotton balls in jar, screw on lid and put inside the storage
container with your mice/rats
5. Wait 5 minutes or so until all are unconscious/dead
6. Do with as you will.

Do you end up with any repercussions of the animals having ether in their systems Toxinologist?

I don't know much about how ether breaks down in the body, so I'm just curious.

Good question antaresia lady, i'd be very interested in the answer myself.........

Go to BOC gases
Purchase large cylinder of CO2
Get large plastic container with hole cut in side to suit a rubber hose.
Attach rubber hose to CO2 Cylinder.
Turn on gas bottle
Wait 2 minutes
Remove dead rodents.

how much do you have to pay? do you own the cylinder or rent it? i have to get one. i am over smashing rats - it is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back