what is wrong with this snake (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's burn it's self on the light bulb?
Hasn't eaten? Is sick? has a RI. Could be a number of things.

i can't believe they have that snake in an en closer without protection on the light bulb!!! That's soo dangerous!

it doesnt need protection from the light it is never on like alot of there globes.

Otheranimals

What do the other snakes look like Sam. Have you asked how long they have the animal in the store. Are there other snakes showing similiar signs.

I've heard of snakes with OPMV twisting shortly before dying. Not saying this is an OPMV but the systoms you have stated appear frightingly similiar.

D: Doesnt look like a happy chappy, its sad these guys are not getting anything done against them..

As much as I hate to say it, it may be OPMV, which means everything else there is at risk as I doubt petshops have proper quarantine procedures.
It may not be, but that would be the worse case scenario.

Have you made a formal complaint yet Sam?

neurological symptoms are indicative of opmv. If i was u i would be making sure it didnt contaminate you...

more

and no it is in melbourne.

here are some more pics that were taken today,
formal complaints have been made by the dozen and nothing ever happens,
but i am building up a case.

i would like someone to do a poll on them to find out who will back me up as i dont know how to.

thanks,

sam.

Attachments

• very malnourashed ackie.jpg
    very malnourashed ackie.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 422
  • algea covered turtle.jpg
    algea covered turtle.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 396
They have a few things still in tact but only because there new, i see all there stuff going down hill constantly.

That is absolutly discusting!!! Who in their right frame of mind would by either that monitor or those turtles in that festy pond?

Ring the DEC or whoever it is down there and tell them there is a snake at that shop showing signs of OPMV

From what i hear the owner is on the board of DSE, he gets a fine pays and one they go doing the same thing again.

Ring the DEC or whoever it is down there and tell them there is a snake at that shop showing signs of OPMV
This would definatly ruffle some feathers and bring it to their imediate attention which needs to be done. You probably wont have any luck contacting them on this long weekend though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back