what is wrong with this snake (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best people to check with will be the VIC envrionment people, who ever does your licences down that way

has been done many times and nothing ever happens but this time i want to see them in person and put this in writing.

sam.

at the end of the day that snake is very sick and was showing the same signs last week,

and should have been taken to the vet weeks ago,soo should the ackie.

sam.

Wow.
Words can't express how I feel right now. You have done a very good thing, Sam.

If I were you I would get hold of every email address to every animal rescue organisation and every newspaper, today/tonight, A Current Affair etc etc and SEND those pics! If this shop is local to you, go to the Mayor! EVERYONE should know.

How are their other animals? If their birds/mammals/fish are in the same state as those reptiles, get some pics of them too. The media and public will get into a huge uproar over little cute animals being neglected too, and this will help the reptiles as I know not everyone sees them in the same light as a fluffy bunny rabbit or puppy dog.
I'm not sure if there is much I can help you with as I live about 5 hours away, but feel free to PM me if you need help with anything.

can anyone tell me what would cause that goanna's stomach to cave in? The snakes pics arent clear enough to see much, the turtles pond is just plain filthy and disgusting. But what the hell could cause the stomach of an animal to just cave in. It looks lke a brick has been sitting on it.

Is that lizard dead in that pic? Seriously it looks like its dead and dried out... Those pics absolutely disgust me, I can't even describe how much that infuriates me. People who do that to reptiles or any animal should be put in jail or recieve the same treatment IMO. I hope something happens to stop those people from trading.

you might need a vets opinion on the animals so if you take the photos to a vet they might be able to give you a report/letter stating this is un-acceptable.

someone on here has told this shop that about this thread or they have been on here themselves.

because when i went there last week there cages were atrocious there was beardys with water dragons and there was masses of over crowding and when i went there today the beardys wernt with the water dragons and they had moved lizards other places which i could not find.
and they also cleaned there large turtle tank out for the first time in 2 years.

but they still had the sick snakes there the ackie and some blueys not being treated and still no heat.

Someone has obviously had a word in their ear then.

Get the media involved. FORCE the regulatory authorities to act!!!!

Based on the pics id say they may need putting to sleep. The monitor especially looks like its knocking on deaths door.

DONT let them cover that sort of stuff up- do it now before it become a matter of "he said she said" when you get your folders sorted.

thats disgusting.... i couldnt stand around and watch that. id steal em out of there if i had to!!

If someone has told them then i dunno how they can sleep at night after aiding them in covering up such inhuman things and allowing them to continue on going back to mistreating these poor animals after the attention has died down, cause thats what will happen.

i am finding it hard to find the regulations on keeping them commercially, but that cant be found on the dse website, and i cant call them as they are closed fo the long weekend.

sam.

Rspca

Hi Sam, The RSPCA is opened 24/7. The can act on blatant animal neglect and would then in-turn contact DSE, who would then look into the licensing aspects.

hey sam,jesus christ,i havnt been there for a while but that ridgey was rather obese when i first saw it 2 years ago when they first got it,they used to have 2 of them,i cant believe its gotton that bad,if u think thats bad u should have seen the storrs they had,it was that emiciated i thought it had died,then went in one time for a look and yep the poor thing had died,and the idiots still had it for sale,looked to have been dead for a while to,also that snake doesnt nessacerilly have opmv or ibd,i recently lost a darwin juvie to some strange blood viris,it was healthy appearing till i went into my herp room and saw it all twisted up and showing those symptoms,the previous day it was all fine,so rushed it to the vet,the snake died before i got there,so had an autopsy performed to make sure it wasnt ibd or opmv,which i was assured it wasnt,can think of the actual name of what it had but it wasnt contagious and hasnt ever been heard of in a reptile,so the vet,and yes hes a herp vet,sent the case off to other vets around the world,apparently when snakes are dieing they writh in pain,hence the twisting,but yeah who knows what that poor snake is suffering from,let alone some of there other stuff,i havnt ever seen that pond before,they used to keep them in a large aquarium,over crowded to the max

they still have that aquarium for the turtles but the cleaned it out for the first tim in years some time during the week.
if you have been up the back of the store where those realy smelly birds are there are a few pond in the centre enclosure that are fluro green, about a year ago they had a few wallabies in the same cage.

sam.

About time they were named!!

To make sure no one shops there!

I pity any animal they keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back