100% het for black Blue tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalky77

Hi
I was looking at buying a 100% het for black blue tongue, but I just wanted to know if there is any difference in colour? and if it was to breed to a normal blue tongue when it was a suitable size, would it just produce more hets or is there a possibility it could produce black blue tongues?

Thanks

It would just produce more hets. It needs to be paired with a hypermelanistic or another 100% het to produce more. As for colour difference with a het I do not beleive there is one..

100% hyper hets do start out only slightly darker than a normal bluey, its negligable as to how much darker... as they get older they can darken up considerably, you can still see the patterns underneath the melanin, whereas you wont see much pattern with a true hypermelanistic, you may still get some colouration on the belly.
Mr Bredli ( a forum member on APS ) did post a pic of his adult het which was almost black, but you could see the pattern. I bought my Hypers and hets from him, and they were doing well before my father in law turned off the power to my reptile room/ Garage to save on my electricity bill and snap froze most of my collection and all of my rat breeding programme.... That was when black blueys were $1500 each and hets were $900 each... Killed 4 blacks and 2 hets... Awesome work papa!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back