100 het for jellybean ratios?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smigga

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the ratios for jellybean levis levis are. I was trying to figure it out myself but i just ended up confusing myself and getting a headache :lol:
All help is appreciated,
Brad

EDIT: just realised this makes no sense, what would you get if you paired two 100% het for jellybean levis?

Last edited:
I was wondering this as well. Also what 100% to normal etc... Thanks

My basic understanding (happy to be corrected) is that het to het results in (generally, on average) 25% in things likes snakes, with a large sample selection. However with only 2 eggs a go on levis, this would be much harder to calculate.Would love to hear anyones accounts?

het to het would produce 25% normal, 50% het, 25% Jelly. The 100% het, just means must be a het so not real point actually saying, 100% het, only point saying any percent is if it is less than 100%.

het to normal would produce 50% hets, 50% normals.

My basic understanding (happy to be corrected) is that het to het results in (generally, on average) 25% in things likes snakes, with a large sample selection. However with only 2 eggs a go on levis, this would be much harder to calculate.Would love to hear anyones accounts?
The chance of getting a het is purely based on the chance of the gecko inheriting specific alleles and thus no matter the clutch size the chance stays the same. What changes is that with smaller clutches the over all chance of getting a jellybean would decrease because there would be say for a clutch of one a 25% chance at jellybean, 75% chance not jelly. When there are two eggs in a clutch it becomes 2 25% chances to get a jellybean, 2 75% chances not to. So while the chances stay the same the instances of the chances occurring increases.

However you are right that this is a theoretical ratio and that in reality every offspring reduced could be jellybean, or could be normal and none of the hets even though those have the highest chance of being produced.

Now to get back to studying this for my bio trial HSC. Hahahhaahaha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back