12DC/240AC power inverter question???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzDAZ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have just recieved an email stating the following...
Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "wOULD anyone BE INTERESTED IN A 12/240 1500watt ACDC power inverter" at Aussie Pythons & Snakes. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=30143#30143

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1961&unwatch=topic
--
Cheers,
Slateman & Slateman_Junior

Administrators

On clicking onto the link it came up with a "this post is not recognized or doesnt exist.
Im just wondering is this a mistakenly sent email or what is going on, if anyone could fill me in id be greatly appreciated
. :?: :?:

OZdaz
[email protected]

There have been new posts added to old threads recently which have since been deleted.
This activity is what activated the email to you.

Yeah certain members flooding the site in an attempt to create arguments.They have made it hard to be up to date on recent posts and have bumped all old posts up. :(

Yes, the posts and the members have been deleted.

And that just proove the point that we need moderate. Not all people are nice.

I originally brought the 12vDC/240vAC power inverter so I could run all the heating,lighting and herp related power requirements without it adding to the power bill as well as having it for camping trips so I could take a few power sucking goodies out bush, TV, Mircowave etc, easier to get the missus to come along that way, she can watch "home and Away" while I go herp hunting or fishing and such, but my question is ......
1500 Watts, will that be enought to provide the heating and lighting requirements for say 5 to 6 seperate herp enclosures? and if no what would your guess be on how far 1500Watts will strech, it peeks at 3000watts but will run at qa min of 1500 24/7 provided the 12V DC battery is kept charged.
Its a beutiful unit fan cooled remote on/off kill switch about 40cm long and 10cm high Powertech model with 2 AC outleats on one end and heavy duty battery leads on the other, remote removable and can be controlled via the main unit.
Im sell or swapping it as Ive just got a medium Honda generator, but its a brilliant unit, would be great for the herp porpose I brought it for or even mounted in a caravan for when mains power isnt available.
But back to the question, there are a few sparkies nor wouldbe sparkies about, so how far will 1500Watts go, in a herp enviroment .

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back