1st time owner, long time dreamer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

juliets

Reaction score
My fiance gave me a one year old female stimson python for christmas (yes he gives fantastic presents!!)

I am a keen reptile lover and only want the absolute best environment for her. Does anyone have any suggestions that would help me achieve my cause?

Kind regards
proud parents of Pheonix
Juliet & Andrew

Well done - thats a great present!!! Welcome :) What suggestions are you looking for? Might help if you explain how you have her set up at the moment :)

Welcome to APS.

A 3ft enclosure would suit an adult Stimmy. On one side have the heat source (ceramic/ infra red bulb (protected by a cage) or heat mat etc) connected to a thermostat and the other side should be a few degrees cooler. Just use newspaper as the substrate (it's easy to clean, cheap and she isn't going to accidentally eat it like she might sand etc). And make sure there is an appropriate sized water dish, a hide at each end and perhaps a climbing branch.

If she is small it would be best to keep her in a smaller container until she's big enough to go in the main enclosure. Normally people use heat mats (controlled with an incubator) covering about half the floor space. And then add some hides, a water dish and that should be fine. (The heat mat goes under the container)

Last edited:
Hi. I am new to the reptile world.and very new to the forum. Four months ago I was terrified of reptiles,my mother in law got a small childrens python and now Im obsessed with them. For Valentines Day my lovely hubby gave me a sweet baby jungle girl. My birthday is soon and I'm hoping for the cutest and smallest python I have evr seen..a bubs childreni........sooooo cute. I wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back