2 beardies confused

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedgie75

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to keep two bearded dragons together, and i have been told by some people to feed them crickets, woodies etc in their cage so they have to run around and catch them and find them but i have also been told to take them out of the cage and feed them in a seperate container, cage. Could someone tell me what is the right, best way to feed them please. Can you tell how well your beardie is going to colour up by the colour of their eyes at all. One of mine has bright orange around the pupil and the other has a very dark almost black red?

keeping 2 beardies together can be risky, it deppends on a few factors . like if they both get on well together, if there diffrent sex`s. i keep my young male and female together [ i have since i brought them over 16 months ago ]
i had to seperate my other male from the 2 as the males were starting to fight with each other .
as for feeding, i feed everything [ snakes, lizards, dragons, frogs , ect , ect] in there enclosures.

I have 6 beardies in the 1 enclosure (it is huge and they are all young) and I feed them all individually. This is not suitable for everyone though as it does take some time. If you cannot hand feed (it's just how i ensure they all get enough food) then it is best to feed in a separate container - feeding in the enclosure is fine, but one of the dragons may become dominant or if it is bigger may get more of the food. Feeding separately is really the only way to absolutely make sure they are getting enough food. Other people may have had different experiences, this is only my opinion.

I keep my young male and female together too and have no problems so far. The female is bigger than the male but shes lazy and easy going, not dominant or anything. I feed in their enclosure, they both eat well and I'm yet to see anything that concerns me with them...

I also keep my Beardies together. They are almost 2 yrs old and i have never had a problem. As for feeding i recomend trying to hand feed them because as Rahni said it is the only reliable way of knowing how much food each dragon recieves. This being said my dragons are both fed in their enclosure.

I keep my male and female seperate.
I feed in their enclosures, but remove and woodies after 5-10 minutes.

I put in 1 at a time until they stop eating, throw in a few more and come back later on to see if they are gone, if not i take them out and save it for round 2 :)

Is there any way to tell how your juvie beardie will colour up. 1 of mine has bright orange around its pupil, the other 1 has dark red almost black around its pupil. Is this any indication of how they will colour up. ie the orange around pupil means nice orange body, dark red almost black means dark red colour body???????

Is there any way to tell how your juvie beardie will colour up. 1 of mine has bright orange around its pupil, the other 1 has dark red almost black around its pupil. Is this any indication of how they will colour up. ie the orange around pupil means nice orange body, dark red almost black means dark red colour body???????

I think your theory is wishful thinking... did you see the parents when you purchased them? Did you ask what phase they were supposed to be?

Good try then i guess. Yeah the 1 with bright orange around the pupil comes from an orange phase father and pastel mother. The other 1 comes from red father and orange mother

Good try then i guess. Yeah the 1 with bright orange around the pupil comes from an orange phase father and pastel mother. The other 1 comes from red father and orange mother

Hopefullt they'll take the traits from their folks - it's always exciting to see them colour up with each shed when they're young... kinda like opening a present. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back