Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not very common, i lived next to cane fields for 6 years and caught 100s but only ever seen 3 or 4 over 2m.

"My vet said if it (the snake) had got me ... I wouldn't have reached my back stairs, he said it was so deadly," Ms Palethorpe said.

Any truth behind this? As far as I know dogs are affected by snake venom just as bad, if not worse than we are. Not to mention a Kelpie is much lighter than she would be. I mean, RBBS venom can kill a large dog in under an hour but usually isn't fatal in humans.

My house backs on to national park, I went for a good wander a couple of years ago and climbed this nice little grassy hill, and found this amazing wetland, such a shock to see all this water and birds from coming off salt pans, I toke a step before I even thought of looking down and there was a massive eastern brown I would put it at 8-10 feet long, (I know everyone will be saying yeah right) less then 2 feet from me. I must have stood there for about 20 seconds before I got my wits to make a hasty retreat. the funny thing is it didn't even acknowledge me and just went about it's business even though I came right up on it and was in an easy strike range. (I always carry a minimum of three compression bandages with me now)

off course not, though you might accidently and unknowingly corner them, in that case they may not back down.
They get annoyed alot easier than some other snakes.
The largest ive seen would have easily been 2m it was wider than the road it was basking on, but that's the only one i have seen that big.

My house backs on to national park, I went for a good wander a couple of years ago and climbed this nice little grassy hill, and found this amazing wetland, such a shock to see all this water and birds from coming off salt pans, I toke a step before I even thought of looking down and there was a massive eastern brown I would put it at 8-10 feet long, (I know everyone will be saying yeah right) less then 2 feet from me. I must have stood there for about 20 seconds before I got my wits to make a hasty retreat. the funny thing is it didn't even acknowledge me and just went about it's business even though I came right up on it and was in an easy strike range. (I always carry a minimum of three compression bandages with me now)
Had one about the same size trying to go for a swim in our pool 2 yrs ago.
As soon as I went to catch to move down the back yard it took off like lightning. Not once did it try to look sideways at me.
On the same day, caught a hatchie RBBS and it left venom in my doc martins sole.

Two metre Eastern Browns are kind of like 10 foot Carpet Pythons - they do occur, but nowhere near as common as people wish they were!

uncommon,i would have to see one actually measured to believe it
as when people see them there almost always exaggerated as people panic
cause there dumb LOL
there listed as reaching a max of 2.2 metres
they dont chase you ive even cornered one and all it wanted to do was get away
there really quite a nice snake if you try to get to know one LOL:lol:

Chased her ha she must have been quick to out run it. Oh hold it's that time of the year when the evil snakes start hunting us down. Dam media

oh i just read the report dog saves old lady

she was gardening and the snake came up to her and tried to bite her and she ran screaming and it chased her and if it wasnt for the dog she would have been taken down by the snake

LIES!!!!!!!!!
now i hope her dog dies:lol:

comon people....you think....."oww i saw a snake in my garden so i ran off!!" ......sells a paper???

just saw the news report on telly. It wasn't just a brown, it was a Eastern KING Brown, will kill a human in 10 mins apparently......:shock::lol:

hahahaha

i saw a story on the news not long ago about a brown snake that 'attacked'
and they said "it was just like this one" and showed an inland taipan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back