2nd DIY Big bredli enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damo77

Reaction score
This is my second ever snake enclosure build. The first one i finished a couple of weeks ago and it houses our blonde mac. The the second i am still slugging away. Still need to put in some dead looking trees and finish the structure. Starting to get the hang of it and i have a few more ideas for the next 2 or 3 or 4.
Made this one using expanda foam, grout, silicone and coir fibres and lots of pond sealer. It is to house my classic Bredli that i picked up from a member here on the weekend. I tried to make it look some what like a rocky ledge in central australia hence the red colours. At the moment the plan is to run a 100 watt light timed to be on during daylight hours. Ther will also be a ceramic bulb heater and a heat mat that will be hooked up to the thermostat. I have the option of switching to a fluro globe for light during summer if the temps get too high. There are also 2 step lights going in on either side. These run off 12v, produce no heat and we have painted the glass in them blue so the light is very dim. We run these on our other enclosure in the evenings so its quite dark but gives off enough light so that my wife and i can sit and watch the snakes come out at night. Plan for the glass is a single timber framed window running 4 hinges down one side and locks at the top and bottom of the other side. One big square vent is going on the roof to the left hand side which is to be the cool side.
I will get it all finished early next week and run it for about a week to monitor temps and heat the whole thing through. Hopefully get all the smells out then in he goes.

Attachments

• 16122011330a.jpg
    16122011330a.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 02122011285a.jpg
    02122011285a.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back