2yo Male WA Woma Wilson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam10_1990

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My 2yo male WA Woma (1200mm long) Wilson has been with me for a little over two weeks, he has already had his shed and a feed.

My question is, he is rubbing/pushing/trying to open the glass door of his enclosure with his head, and at like 5 in the afternoon with his UVB light and heat lamp on, is this normal? I dont think its a shed as he only recently went through one, but i have seem him do this twice last night and once the night before.
Is this a sign of mites?
I had a quick check over of him and couldn't see any indications, he has also been pretty jumpy when i go to bring him out of his cage with the stick or even if i touch him,

My spotted seems to sleep in his log for all the hours im awake (7am-1am)

Attachments

• DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0303.jpg
    DSC_0303.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 68
It sounds like Wilson is still settling in. They do push against the glass and crawl up it when exploring - nothing strange there. He has only been with you for two weeks, so it may be be best to leave him alone (very hard with a new snake) for a while. It is great that he is already eating for you. He is a lovely looking animal. Give him a chance to settle in and then gradually increase handling sessions. Some never like it, but most womas chill out.

Apparently this guy was held often and by a 6yo child, so heres hoping i will be, i made my first mistake with him,

Stupid presented my hand for him to sense (as if you would a dog) and you can guess what happened, couldnt believe the amount of blood,
He let go straight away with no yanking from me.

My first question would be: how big is his enclosure? If it's cramped the snake will be trying to find a way out. This can result in nose-rub and other stress-related problems, and you'll need to house him in a more suitable cage soon.

However, if the cage is of an adequate size, it's probably just exploring as suggested by pythonmum, in which case he'll settle down soon.

S

My first question would be: how big is his enclosure? If it's cramped the snake will be trying to find a way out. This can result in nose-rub and other stress-related problems, and you'll need to house him in a more suitable cage soon.

However, if the cage is of an adequate size, it's probably just exploring as suggested by pythonmum, in which case he'll settle down soon.

S

The cage is around a meter long, half meter high and half a meter deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back