40c "PLUS"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

I have a female bredli that is in a floor to ceiling enclosure that is 40-42c up the top end and room temp at the bottom.
She has now been basking up the top end for 3-4 days on 24/7 heat .
She is gravid but has been doing this for several years but then she will go down to the lower end at room temp. for several days and then in mid december lay 40+ eggs and l notice my 3 bredli girls all do something similar, they have a huge choice in their enclosures but its what they seem to prefer, just thought l would share.
........solar 17 (baden)

Baden
just curious ,where have you positioned the nesting box ? and at what temp is ambient temp around the box. I know its still early i am just interested on what you do with a large enclosure as i have a similar setup.

Cheers John

On the floor of the enclosure as my bredli girls generally lay in the 2nd. week of Dec. and as l am in Brisbane my room temps are generally mid 20's plus.
...........cheers Baden

Hi Baden,
That is interesting info & thanks for sharing.
When you told me that you provide BHPs with 35c at hot end 24/7 during summer, I thought that this was a bit excessive, but I am doing so now & sometimes they like the heat & sometimes the cool, I guess it is their choice.

The Woma being a hot environment snake it would not surprise me.
As Python70 asked, It would be interesting to see the position & type of hide box that you use.

Cheers
Ian

I thought BHPs were hot environment snakes too? SO I would have thought them liking the hotter temps would be perfect for them.

Sorry Baden, I don't where I got Woma from, I must have been in another place & another time???

Kathy that is right, but I was more thinking that 35c for 24 hrs might have been excessive, but it works for Baden, so I am prepaired to give it a go.

Cheers
Ian

My baby bredli from Baden LOVES temps over 40 degrees. He sits up close to the heat all day long, eats and sheds like a champ. Thank you so much for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back