A bit of a sucky season

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yommy, yep they are just in a dry container inside another tub with water to compensate for my clumsy hands. i did this method last year with 2 clutches and both came out perfect with hardly a dint in them until the last week or so.

that photo is at about day 30, those eggs were like that basically in under a day, came out fairly crinkled and spotted, others have had the same results from the same line of animals so i don't put their poor appearance down to incubation method. I am tossing up whether to turn the incubator off, or leave it just for my own education and see if anything hatches from such an average looking egg.

don't give up yet ozzie, there still white. I've heard the best looking hatchies come from crappy looking eggs...maybe if they start going yellow/green and start stinking then start to worry. you girl maybe just needed some extra calcium.

i'd keep em going to at least 5 day after due hatch date. If the died you'll know by the smell.

I have a dodgy looking albino egg that is a little furry. Candled it and still viened i am just wiping it clean daily.

I have a dodgy looking albino egg that is a little furry. Candled it and still viened i am just wiping it clean daily.

piped and cut the darwin eggs today 3 wiggley ones and sad to say the dodgy one didn't make it. 3 is better than none :) so what do i do with all the bad eggs, you guessed it cut it open and have a look.

more shots, enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_3652.JPG
    IMG_3652.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3659.JPG
    IMG_3659.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 45
Status