A Forum Question or two for Admin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakes_Incorporated

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I placed a news article in the news forum: “Snake handler Raymond Hoser has licence revoked”.
I received a notification reply and when I opened the request I am told.

Snakes_Incorporated, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. If you are trying to post an item in a "For Sale" forum or trying to access "Subscriber Only Specials", please visit this page to find out more about our subscriptions.
2. The administrator may have disabled your account due Site Rule infractions.

In an attempt to find out what is going on and why the post is missing I then wanted to direct my query to Admin and get told

Administrator has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Administrator from the recipient list and send the message again.

Would someone Please be so kind as to assit in this matter.

The thread would have been deleted. Raymond hoser is a no no topic on here. As a normal member we can't see deleted threads.

what?
is he a sponsor or something? why the censorship of Australian news?
i dont remember subscribing to have relevant herp news removed from the forum.....

We all know why the threads that contain any mention of Raymond hoser will be deleted. He has a tendency to sue.

The thread would have been deleted. Raymond hoser is a no no topic on here. As a normal member we can't see deleted threads.
Great thanks but that is certainly not the point. The article in question was a valid news report and was receiving some interesting comments and opinions from the members. Deleting a thread without a reason or explanation is somewhat strange do you not agree?

good luck with that
Thanks but if this is an open forum I’m sure that common sense will prevail my good man.

Ultimately we are members/subscribers at the discretion of the owner/s and moderators of this site.While many might not agree with the rules,'Such is Life'

We all know why the threads that contain any mention of Raymond hoser will be deleted. He has a tendency to sue.
since when can you sue for being discussed as part of Australian public news?
especially when your such a BIG part of the PUBLIC news.....
the censorship here is getting out of control i wont even go near the chat room here..........................

the censorship here is getting out of control i wont even go near the chat room here..........................

There is a difference between discussion and defamation. I agree with what is said but you can't say it here.

Ask his lawyer who apparently has won him a case or two for this. If you don't want the forum shut down and you loose your subscription fee then just don't talk about he-who-must-not-be-named.

The rules that we all agreed to abide by... Scroll to the bottom of the page for Site Rules....
Jen bias censorship certainly does not to credit for a prosperous Web forum. Let’s have Admin address this issue rather than this thread ending up going in the direction it is. Maybe I will be banned for asking an innocent question or three but I do not wish to be accused of suggesting what I am thinking. :D

Admin the “floor” is yours.

What more is their to discuss really? Yesterdays news about yesterdays man. Move on.

The reason they don't explain it is that it has been explained hundreds of times in similar threads about him.

all those threads get deleted though so how can new comers like me know not to post about certain people, why should APS care, they are not liable for anything users say, its apart of our conditions when we sign up. You can not be sued for discussing something someone has done, and as long as you word carefully he can't touch you (eg. starting a sentence with: in my opinion. When someone starts making direct statments towards him that threaten him in any way then he has a case.

But in saying this, the admins have the right to delete posts, threads accounts etc at any time with or without reason, we accepted these conditions and have to respect them.

Ask his lawyer who apparently has won him a case or two for this. If you don't want the forum shut down and you loose your subscription fee then just don't talk about he-who-must-not-be-named.
i VERY highly doubt anyone can be sued for speaking truth on a public forum...show precedence of such a suing occurring.

i VERY highly doubt anyone can be sued for speaking truth on a public forum...show precedence of such a suing occurring.

people have been sued for less...
law is a very screwy and to an extent touchy subject, its very open to interpretation.

on a side note, this thread will not last long, theres already some explanation here to answer the OP's question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back