A Hard Lesson Learned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeknLuke,
I can't believe what i just read, if i was you i'd be taking the next flight to the sellers and speaking to them face to face, with the QNPWS in toe. If you dont get refunded ring "Ray" @ ACA bet he'd be glad to help. Also "yer" those 150 incubating eggs :(

3 more words.
Report!
REPORT!

beks
sorry to hear about it
especially after the way you where when i brought the bearded dragon from you
you couldnt ask for someone better to buy from
you were very reassuring and concerned about your animals
then this happens to you karma will come back and bite them on the but ( or mabey just a few of there animals )
but if you do need some help i am only just up the road

shane

Beknluke,

That is disgusting. I cannot understand how someone could treat their animals and you like that. At least for the animals sake, it sounds like they are definetly in better hands now.

Thankyou guys - I am touched by the overwhelming responses I have received from everyone. You're all so kind.
The sellers mobile is 'not responding' to my home number (can they have gotten it blocked??) and when I call from a private number their 'msg bank is full, please try again later'... I haven't got high hopes for this..
Bex

maybe its just me but have you threatened them yet? i mean having QNPW come and take their animals away and revoke their licence would cost more than simply refunding you the $3000 and more. anybody know if you can sue some one for causing you extreme emotional stress?

i hope the lizards start feeling better and i hope you feel better.

thats really bad...I can't believe the state that the beardies are in..when I saw that add I thought they must have been really beautiful for that price but that's absolutely disgusting what they have done!

oops forgot to say hope all goes well.

Well, IMO, I think the person should be named. If you don't want to do it, PM me and I will see it is done :)

The only reason I say this is because I don't want any one else to be caught by this person but in the end, it is up to you. BUT, definately report them. Do not settle for just compensation. If it was me, I would be seeking blood :)

Take care and I hope all goes well :)

I know its all been said already but contact the QLD EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). Their Central Office details are:

160 Ann St
Brisbane QLD 4000
(07) 3227 7111

Postal Address:
PO Box 15155
City East QLD 4002

These are the people you need to contact up here in QLD. They will have this person on record in their licensing records.
I sincerely hope you contact the EPA, this needs to be reported.
Good luck with the dragons, admire your commitment to bringing them back to health.

she should be reported, and i would be asking for at least $4000 back.....

am actually very interested to see them first hand 2morrow.

I've seen em...it's heartbreaking :cry:

Don't have a lot of time to write now but I've already annoyed the crap out of Bex by telling her she HAS to sue if this person refuses to give her a reasonable refund. These sort of people are SCUM and they need to learn what happens when you do these things. Sue the crap out her, leave her penniless and without any animals by reporting her to the department in her state.

We'll see them tomorrow again anyway but I hear they're on the improve with all the work Bex is putting into them. Our task will be to wash the green poo off that they're covered in from being crammed in bags on top of each other :? :(

Thanx guys - all of your kind words are doing me wonders
I am about to go off for the 'nightly administering of meds' - should be in bed in a few hours!!
Grant - THANKYOU for posting up the phone numbers!!
I have emailed the seller back as it appears that they are avoiding me. In any case, I have advised them that I will be contacting the RSPCA in QLD and QLD Parks and Wildlife. Hopefully their license will be revoked and all animals removed!! Poor things...
Unfortunately, at this stage I am still unwilling to give out their name as I am giving them a chance to right the wrong so to speak. I am fully aware that by telling the world who it was, I am effectively destroying most of the chance that they have of selling (or buy for that matter) any herps again. So like I said, I am being the nice one and giving them a chance.
Thanx again guys, and Zo and Soul, look forward to seeing you both
Bex

its good to see the animals are in good hands now. good luck with them

i'd love to see some pics in a couple of months when they're all hopefully doing very well.

as for the seller, well yeah, there are a few ppl in the herp community like that, and its very very sad.

I agree bex, you DO have a legal claim and a damn good one at that, problem being you only have a mobile number or email address, could be a little difficult. I would be speaking to a solicitor now, and asking for costs when you win the court case, that is an absolute DISGRACE, the pigs who could do that to those poor things should be put in jail.

Im sorry but those kids who stoned the cat were sentenced and those beardies are just as worse or more damaged than the kitten.

If you cant get through post there number here and let the whole herp community know what we think of them!!!!

PIGS!!!

My heart goes out to you and your beardies, I too would of been in tears, But it's good to see their in LOVING hand's now, I do wish you all the best and hope everything goes well for you bex.

Wouldn't their full address be on the movement advice ?

I have their full address, their name, the name of their bank account and the bank account number, a mobile AND an email address.
They won't be getting away with this. Whether it's me getting my refund AND the satisfaction of being told that they are now not allowed to keep herps, or just the latter - I will be content.
I know that some people here think that 'i don't want blood', but trust me, underneath all of these calm words, I am VERY worked up by this and I too want to see something done.
Does anyone know a good solicitor in Melb?? lol
I really don't have the $$ for this to go to court - but I will try everything that I can to have them brought to justice.
Thanx again guys - you're all so kind
Bex

good luck with every thing!!! im sure the beardies will be much better soon with the care they will now get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back