a Land Mullet?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

earthmother

Reaction score
Moths friend took this in his yard. Is it a Land Mullet. He said it was very long and he thought it was a small goanna at 1st from a distance, with no glasses on while drunk.
lol
Em

Yeah, land mullet it is. Still don't understand how something that..unfortunate looking can fetch so much money.

they are not the most atractive animals. lol

something along that line, actually very similar

Magpie said:
Overgrown slug with legs?

Jesus, talk about cretins needing to be educated about reptiles.
We need to start here before we even think about educating the general public. :roll:
Peter

I think I saw a stack of these in the blue mountains if that's possible. There seemed to be a family of about 6 all perched on a warm rock. Always wondered what they refered to as a Land Mullet lol

:p Im with you peter's rescue,i reckon the land mullets are spectacular lookin animals,at 1st i didnt think alot till i seen them,they are the largest skink in aus & one id like in my collection one day. :p

Lol you're all sooooo funny.
Very creative. :oops: Whoops I thought Mags was serious and emailed the fella telling him it was an overgrown slug with legs. lol

Ackie, the lizard had no glasses and was drunk was the story I was given lol. Which definitely means there was alcamahol !

I looked them up and they're found in the Northeast region of N.S.W. Which is the right location.
Does anybody know how long they get to? I'm not sure the description -"it's longer than my arm Em!" Convinces me when it's said all slurred. lol
Em
I do think it's an unusual lizard but gorgeous nonetheless.

Alcamahol??? :) It's mullet whacking day! [to the sultry tones of Barry White]. :)

I think I saw a stack of these in the blue mountains if that's possible. There seemed to be a family of about 6 all perched on a warm rock. Always wondered what they refered to as a Land Mullet lol

Some more like a family of cunninghams skinks to me.

Skinks are gr8.The more i have to do with them the more i fall in love with these little guy's.
I plan to get as many of the skink family i can get me hands on.
Some are just so ugly that they are cute.
They are generally easy to keep, eat very well, with the smaller varieties being very entertaining.Always on the move.
I think everyone should some kind of skink!!!and for that matter dragons and monitors.LOL.
Hoping to get some legless lizards very soon.Looking forward to that.

for those who have handled one of these i think you will agree they are realy quite spectacular but dont let em get a hold , they have one strong set of jaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back