A letter from the Victorian DSE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a dse letter and was starting to feel left out and then i realised the reason i got the letter is because i dont have a lic..............gotta renew it ooopps

i just got a dse letter and was starting to feel left out and then i realised the reason i got the letter is because i dont have a lic..............gotta renew it ooopps

Lols, good one hepie.

I think the reason for them sending them was to tell everyone they know how big the market is in victoria (it's bassed on victorian operations). And anyone thats being offered them weather it be through pet shops and so forth shouldn't concider saying yes... they mentioned the illegal trade through pet shops and what not and just how easy it would be to get them if you wanted them... just concider the damage to our native wildlife and the fines and imprisonment you can and will face. Althoguh they did give more people ideas of where they can get them in the pamphlet :p They also might have thought it'd be scaring people if there wasn't i site like this for everyone to discuss it people might hvae thought it was just personal and they suspect you of having and or dealing in exotics.

can someone scan a copy of this pamphlet and post it on this thread so everyone out side of Vic can see it?

Apart from trying to increase awareness to lic keepers, the DSE are trying to encourage more informants! Its been awhile since a big raid and they know the the market grows each yr. If more lic keepers are aware then they will hope for more reports.

I know that it is hard to believe...but there are people out there who really don't know that exotics are illegal.
Not every person who has a licence belongs to a site like this.

i was happy to recieve it.
it shows our licence money is going back into the industry by the way of information, promotion and showing us that the DSE are acting. Good for them.
I also belive the licence system is good, but it is not a true licence. It should just be called a registration. I believe a licence is the result of sitting an examination or test, not just providing personal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back