a new addition to the site?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the function... though I had a what the moment when I first saw it with the backlog. If I was going to talk to somebody directly on a thread I "quote" them.... hopefully people do the same when talking to me on a thread.

I had 549 and thought how the hell am I going to sift through that many PM's .....

If I was going to talk to somebody directly on a thread I "quote" them.... hopefully people do the same when talking to me on a thread.

It was always considered good netiquette to do so. Although netiquette appears to be practised less and less these days, and not just on APS.

I can see this thread turning into a bit of a "nuisance" to those who ask a question.... Hehe

geckojosh it could be handy for those who want it i simply want to know if those of us who dont want it can turn it off if we so wish

i dont think ive ever used the quote button, might be wrong though, i prefer to use a person's name if i want to respond to something they have said like i have above to you

I pleased to see you not writing in size 18 bold font though Jeannine. my eyes say thank you - Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
i personally like it and cant see what people problems are , other than maybe they though they were popular then realise there not

when i click on the notifications tab , normally another tab appears under neath it (doesnt happen if there isnt anything new in each field) , this will have (x) amount of likes then (x)amount of pm then (x) amount of quotes etc , so imo it really isnt that hard to tell the difference of which one you want to go to , simply clear the back log and i think it will work well personally

i hope it stays :)

Yeah i like it :)

geckojosh it could be handy for those who want it i simply want to know if those of us who dont want it can turn it off if we so wish

i dont think ive ever used the quote button, might be wrong though, i prefer to use a person's name if i want to respond to something they have said like i have above to you

Yeah I agree it would be nice to be able to customize certain functions

Now that the backlog is cleared I think it will work well. Id rather get a notificaiton for a quote then a like which clog things up much more.

It was always considered good netiquette to do so. Although netiquette appears to be practised less and less these days, and not just on APS.

Agreed, it's the proper thing to do

- - - Updated - - -

Now that the backlog is cleared I think it will work well. Id rather get a notificaiton for a quote then a like which clog things up much more.

I like your comment

GeckoJosh,

Explain why either one of us needs to “calm down”. The comments made were civil and logical and a clear reason was provided as to why the she did not wish to have that option active and so she enquired if she could turn it off. If I were her and received your ignominious response I would be telling you to shove it where there the sun does not shine.

The term “calm down” denotes that her response showed strong emotions and connotes a lack of clarity of judgement accompanying the strong feelings or emotions.

Let’s make this very clear. Anyone with a basic capacity to understand written English can see you have it got it 100% wrong. I do not know what your motivation is. I do know that find your statement both erroneous and objectionable.

The bottom line is that there was absolutely no reason to throw in that particular post when the issues had, to that point, been reasonably dealt with. It makes me wonder if you have a problem with your own ego or have a personal dislike of the OP. Either way, forum posts are not the place to play out such issues.

If I have come across as upset, you are dead right. If you wish to argue logically and reasonably to justify your comment I am more than willing to engage in kind. Yet I do not wish to do so. My preference is that due recognition be given where it is deserved. In other words, simply acknowledge that the OP’s were reasonable and not the product of emotive reaction. You can include my reactions in that too.

....up to you.

Blue

PS Richoman, please take note

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised to find 15 notifications as I am not on here much any more, this thread has answered all my questions in regard to the notification/quote ?'s :) nice to see nothing changes much on the site :?

I am sorry you feel that way BLuetongue
When you direct a baseless comment that is both derogatory and inflammatory towards other users, your being sorry they feel that way just doesn't cut it! You may have had the good sense not to attempt to defend the indefensible but your reply is sadly lacking in any accountability for your actions. For future reference, in case it is not already patently obvious to you, I find such unnecessary derisive comments objectionable to point of being odious. They do little other provide a disincentive for me to use this forum.

Blue

The op used multiple exclamation marks and capitals, i think josh was correct in his interpretation of charged emotional state.
I was tempted to quote both the op and some of bluetongues well crafted big wordiness in a witty defense, but that would really be stirring.

I think the idea is sound, it may be a useful tool.

ive just logged in and notice i had '49 notifications' im thinking what the heck !!!!!!!

when i clicked on it it said '49 quotes' so i go see whats going on and it seems to be a page now dedicated to all the times someone has quoted me

this is something new and is it really needed? seems like its just going to clutter up the notification section

- - - Updated - - -

just noticed an now bumped older thread about this

is there anyway to STOP getting these notifications personally i dont need to see where i have been quoted or by whom

I kind of like it...it's making me feel very important :D (and you can quote me on that! ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back