A question on feeding Woma pythons please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Reaction score
I have a couple of Woma Pythons that are 6 months old and weigh just over 400g each. At the moment they are getting a mouse each every 7 days that weighs roughly 40 grams and are shedding about every month. What are you views on this feeding regime and what would you consider appropriate over the next year as regards prey size and type. It would be great to read your opinions.

Many thanks

Endeavour

Going on what the regulars on here would say, the mouse is 10% of the woma's weight which is fine and shedding at a month is ok. I reckon all is good. Switch to rats when possible cause in a little while your woma's will be too big for mice

Going on what the regulars on here would say, the mouse is 10% of the woma's weight which is fine and shedding at a month is ok. I reckon all is good. Switch to rats when possible cause in a little while your woma's will be too big for mice

Thanks for that, are there usually any issues when switching to rats?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I have not had any issues getting Womas onto rats, however i have had one or two hatchiee that bluntly refused mice but took rats everytime, oddly enough.

Yeah rats are better for them then mice imo my woma loves them :)

i adopted my woma who is 13 he use to get fed 2-3 mice once a fortnight or so. i changed him to rats and omg he loves them no probs with the change over at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back