A very simple but effective heating tip for those winter months

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to cover every enclosure in my collection, then I would have to own a linen shop.
Why heat enclosure at night ??
As long as they have heat all day and an insulated hide, they will be fine.
I dont feed my snakes in winter, so they are cooling for breeding or as part of their natural cycle.
Save a fair bit on your power bills as well.

We had a pet lamb that died :cry:, so we put it in the incinerator so that the dog wouldn't dig it up later. :rolleyes: :shock:

the wool burnt.

rather well actually! :lol:

and I'm assuming that it was 100% wool considering it was still on the sheep!!

Wool is chosen over synthetics for fire purposes, as far is a know, because it smoulders rather than melting/catching fire. that doesnt mean it doesnt burn, especially when theres a ready supply of wool and oxygen.

when sheep are alive, they have alot of oils and gease in their fur, and this allows the wool to act alot like a candle wick as it catches alight, whereas processed wool sees alot of these oils removed....

slightly unrelated, but i do the same with my fish tanks during winter nights. the extra insulation provided outside the glass surface does reduce the heat fluctuations throughout the tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back