AaE Response to Member concerns and questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the AAE bloke? He hasn't posted on this thread for ages. Seems to me we are back in the dark trying to work out how the system operates...all I want are some clear unambigous guidelines...

Did we scare him away?

B

What happened to the AAE bloke? He hasn't posted on this thread for ages. Seems to me we are back in the dark trying to work out how the system operates...all I want are some clear unambigous guidelines...

Did we scare him away?

B

A bloke? I think it was a lady, the CEO or MD of AeE.
Have a another stubby mate. :D

his point remains valid though :) as i live in west nsw aae freight is my friend if i dont want 20hr drives
i would like to see the end of this matter :)
also my experiences with aae here is fantastic the blokes at Parkes Airstrip are top blokes
it was windy cold raining and about 4c they made me a coffie, let me sit in their office and watch tv till
the late flight arrived :) they wanted to see the snake i got it, i even sent one of them to kel and
julie for an MD now hes an addict like me :p

I had two relatively minor problems with a local AaE staff in the past. One was, I couldn't bet through by the phone on Saturday, so I drove to the airport and asked the AaE staff member why they don't answer the phone. He replied "we don't take phone calls on Saturdays". Easy fix! On Monday I emailed their head office in Melbourne, gave them the guy's name along with my complaint and ..... guess what - they have been answering the phone on Saturdays ever since.
The other problem I mentioned somewhere here before.
My advice - If you're not happy with their staff's attitude, get off your cloaca and do something about it.

yeah mate i did and nothing was done

Like many reptile keepers in rural areas, i have had to use freight for animals in and out a lot.
AAE locally are helpful and cooperative. I have had a hatchie snake unexpectedly needed to overnight in Sydney, and the staff member called, let me know and had put the animal in the office where temps were more moderate- it was a freezing winters night in Sydney.
I am pleased to hear there will be a concerted effort to bring more standardised handling into the AAE organisation, which will take time. There are no businesses or organisations that are perfect. I had one local delivery person in Sydney refuse to deliver the parcel to the door of the recipient- snake phobia. They were called and had to go to the local depot to pick it up. I guess he thought it might get him through several layers!

I am very grateful that the service exists and works so well.

The AaE staff member is a part of the sales team, attempting to make an easier and more consistent system for us to work with......she is a very capable woman who will get things done....like anything this large, we need to be patient and await for the system to change...which it will!

rang the 131213 number. one time went to someone obviously not in brisbane and had to go through full procedure with confirmation paper work etc following week rang same 131213 number got a bloke from brisbane AAE who said just to rock up on the day, he was working and i didn't require any confirmation paperwork as they were reptiles not cats or dogs. Both times pythons where sent and arrived safely - so what is the 'right' procedure obviously AAE aren't sure of it like the rest of us. Rang yesterday for a flight this weekend and back to confirmation paperwork again.
National standards please...........

Tried to ring the local AaE office using the number from the local phone book.....They've printed the wrong number in the phone book!

On the AaE website doesn't even show that my town even has an office.

Tried to ring the local AaE office using the number from the local phone book.....They've printed the wrong number in the phone book!

On the AaE website doesn't even show that my town even has an office.

i got the brisbane number when i had to do full booking process as i am sending a darwin to SA and need to confirm flight is still on with this ash cloud. its at work, i'll get it tomorrow and PM you.

when I posted on the 3-June the AeE member contacted me as said she was just leaving for about 10 plus days work overseas (I think) and when she's back in the office will address any questions in the thread.

I think it's great she's taking the time to communicate with us and I'm sure she will be back soon. Also michael in the melbourne office has been very helpful whenever I've applied for a booking by email and calls me to make sure everything is sorted ok. There's some very helpful people from AAE prepared to help and look after us and sort out any problems so the system runs smoothly.

I usually book via email and supply the info they need and get a confirmation booking back via email and usually a call from michael as well.. Its pretty good service I think.

Last edited:
I know that Emerald is only a small airport compared to capital cities etc, & is Quantas Link but there is normally 4 or 5 flights to & from Brisbane every day.
We have never had any problems at all this end & find the staff very understanding & helpfull.

Cheers
Ian

Does anyone know if AAE every published their guidelines for sending reptiles?

ive never had an issue with them,i normally just rock up to send stuff,try and get there before lunch time,they have always been helpful to,one time someone sent me a western bluey a day earlier than we discussed,then let me know after sending it,i had to work till late,joys of being a chef so i rang melb aae,got straight through,explained my predicament,because i couldnt get there till well after they closed they organised it with security for me to pick up well after hours,which i thought was great

remember they are a busy company,they dont just freight a few reptiles,most busy companys have times where you get put on hold when ringing,an email addy was mentioned for bookings ect to,so if on hold try that option

Use the email address. When I arranged to fly my python to Cairns from Melbourne, I couldn't get through on the phone. I got a quick response by email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back