Abundance of Rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthy

Reaction score
Over the last few days my small colony of rats (keeping me in feed for my 5 snakes) has gone from 1 buck, 3 breeding does, 11 weaners and about 15 sub adults to... the previously mentioned plus....54 pinkies.
I couldn't beleive it. I had found yesterday that I had two heavily pregnant does in the growing out cage plus another one today that started to birth in the same cage and another that will probably drop within a few days.
I am thinking of growing most out and freezing some of the pinkies in preparation for the coming breeding season (bredli hopefully)

Over the last few days my small colony of rats (keeping me in feed for my 5 snakes) has gone from 1 buck, 3 breeding does, 11 weaners and about 15 sub adults to... the previously mentioned plus....54 pinkies.
I couldn't beleive it. I had found yesterday that I had two heavily pregnant does in the growing out cage plus another one today that started to birth in the same cage and another that will probably drop within a few days.
I am thinking of growing most out and freezing some of the pinkies in preparation for the coming breeding season (bredli hopefully)

Color me jealous, Garthy!!

What type do you have? Hooded?

Color me jealous, Garthy!!

What type do you have? Hooded?

Ok??? I don't even know what a hooded is???

Dude that's huge. I wish I had your problem

But now I have the problem of either housing them or killing them off early.... it always seems a waste to me to not let them grow out. That may change however if my big girl (Bredi) lays this year

Hooded have a colored head and a white body. Sometimes they have a stripe or a spot on their backs as well.

I'll just go up n look.

How funny... I had never noticed that all their heads were coloured.... so obviously yes they are hooded!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back