ACA last night

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you guys are literally arguing on something you have no idea about it.
It's like going to the pub and listening to people talk crap. The only person who has an actual idea is Snakeluvver over there.

ACA = horrible news made to shock people, cause fear that the government can't do.
I take great exception to the clear implication that what I have said is “crap” and that I have no idea about what I am talking about. If you want to make defamatory comments like that then you should be able to clearly illustrate with examples. I challenge you to back up your words right here and now.

I don’t write down the first thing that comes into my head as others sometimes do. Nor to do I skim through posts without engaging myself mentally in what is being said. Far and away my posts are carefully considered. I might add here, I am also a firm believer in attacking the content and not the author. That is why I am careful and do my best to avoid descriptive or qualitative judgements that are a direct and derogatory reflection on the writer.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
I take great exception to the clear implication that what I have said is “crap” and that I have no idea about what I am talking about. If you want to make defamatory comments like that then you should be able to clearly illustrate with examples. I challenge you to back up your words right here and now.I don’t write down the first thing that comes into my head as others sometimes do. Nor to do I skim through posts without engaging myself mentally in what is being said. Far and away my posts are carefully considered. I might add here, I am also a firm believer in attacking the content and not the author. That is why I am careful and do my best to avoid descriptive or qualitative judgements that are a direct and derogatory reflection on the writer. Blue
I'm sure they would reply if their account wasn't suspended

Nothing like a death to bring out the bad feelings in a family.believe me i know from experience.everyone should have a will,and update it regularly.especially if you have kids......it's a weird thing to do,but a good thing to do.

Which causes longer suffering and depletes estates only to line lawyers pockets and often financialy cripples those who fight not for money but a moral stance.

On topic (maybe) when my bf was killed he had just filed a legal will leaving me, his girlfriend, his life insurance, which was a considerable amount. Despite his will, the insurance company refused to give me anything, and instead elected to give it to his parents. Why? We weren't married. So they basically ignored his will. (His parents transferred the money to me as soon as they could, and since it was then their money, the insurance company couldn't do anything about it.)

For some reason this is also the case with superannuation despite naming your benificiary for some reason the fund retains the right to distribute your hard earned money to whom they feel it should go.

Jen Nice to hear your BF's parents did the right thing under hard circumstances.
Unfortunately I think wills being contested is often an attempt for grieving people to focus on something other than their grief, resulting in behaviour that is uncharacteristic of usually level minded people. Once the lawyers come into it with an opinion on law and not morals, the grieving seem to be able to justify their actions based on what they can get away with in the courts.
This is personal experience and not an opinion on the OP's circumstances. With a couple of family deaths since 1999 over half that decade has been spent waiting for legal outcomes, both times wills were involved.
What a way to get on with your life, NOT

Last edited:
Jen,

Sounds to me like the insurance papers were still in his parents’ names and not yours. Is that correct?

I'm sure they would reply if their account wasn't suspended
It is probably better this way.

I must say that I am very disappointed that the individual I went into bat for, albeit my decision and not at his request, saw fit to support the comments made. I am not overly sensitive and can live with the lack of appreciation of my efforts. But to support ridicule of them…

I won’t be making that mistake twice.

Which causes longer suffering and depletes estates only to line lawyers pockets and often financialy cripples those who fight not for money but a moral stance.
All I can say is that things definitely get a lot messier if you do not leave a will. There are some good reasons why the law allows wills to be contested, most which are not part of the real reasons people contest them. I think it is true to say in general that clever lawyers have weakened the intent of so many laws that you have to wonder if we still have an effective regulatory system.

Blue

Mike, The way I read it snakeluvver was not neccassarilly supporting ridicule of your comments, and despite being rather mature is quite young.

I must say that I am very disappointed that the individual I went into bat for, albeit my decision and not at his request, saw fit to support the comments made. I am not overly sensitive and can live with the lack of appreciation of my efforts. But to support ridicule of them…

I won’t be making that mistake twice.
Blue

Because you are getting two users mixed up. The user you supported was snakeluvver, the user that made the comments you were dissatisfied with was snakeluvver2.

Why don't we let the courts of law rule in this mattrer and not some reptile forum. You people take yourselves way too seriously.

Kawasakirider said:
Because you are getting two users mixed up. The user you supported was snakeluvver, the user that made the comments you were dissatisfied with was snakeluvver2.

Overexaggerated, unneccesary posts when you're in the wrong just make you look silly, btw ;). You just should stop talking now.

Bluetongue1 said:
I must say that I am very disappointed that the individual I went into bat for, albeit my decision and not at his request, saw fit to support the comments made

saw fit to support the comments made

(snakeluvver liked snakeluvver2's post).

Mike, The way I read it snakeluvver was not neccassarilly supporting ridicule of your comments, and despite being rather mature is quite young.

Thanks Elapidae. I would want to hope so too. However the comment begins “Wow you guys...” There are two issues here.

Firstly he may have unthinkingly supported the statement given the nature of KR’s ramblings. However, by doing so I have clearly been included by the way the comment is structured. Secondly, the nature of the comment is, I believe, unacceptable.

He needs to take these things on board, as part of learning about life, and then make a decision as to whether they remain as is or he does something about it. That decision must come from him. Rest assured that my attitude is not set in concrete but simply dependent on what does or does not happen.

Blue

Bluetongue - no, the papers were in his name. He was 26. The insurance company refused because we were not married or living together. His parents still - 6 years later - regard me as their daughter, but despite having been together for 6 years, the insurance company did not comply with his will.

i stopped trusting anything ACA when i heard a story about an Islamic store not hiring white people, and they labelled it "reverse racism"

Bluetongue - no, the papers were in his name. He was 26. The insurance company refused because we were not married or living together. His parents still - 6 years later - regard me as their daughter, but despite having been together for 6 years, the insurance company did not comply with his will.
Thanks Jen,

I know life insurance requires that the insured party has to nominate a beneficiary. Unless that has been changed by the person who took it out then it has to go whoever the nominee(s) is/are. I think you will find that legally, life insurance is not considered part of the estate and as such does not come under the jurisdiction of the will. Just trying to explain what at first glance seems a really bizarre thing to have happen.

Blue

I wasnt supporting him mocking you, I just agreed with this part of the post.
Sorry if you took it the wrong way Blue.
Snakeluvver,

Thanks. I am pleased to know that. You have restored my faith you.

I have been faced with the same dilemma at times of wishing to show support for part of a post but at the same time there is part which I object to. In these cases I either generate and post a comment to that effect or just leave it. Unfortunately a “Like” does not distinguish between various sections of content and as such it is seen to be supporting the whole post.

Blue

what a load of silly comments by all of us don't you think? it's good to vent, maybe we should just stick to support when that is all that is sought rather than try to hash it our when we simply don't know the facts?

thinking of you, your friends and their family mate. hope things work out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back