ACA last night

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely agree - and more fool me for attempting to address some of those "silly comments".

No doubt kr will have a supporting argument though.

What of it, mate?

You're wrong though. I didn't realise Alex liked the post.

Blue - the way you got so upset over Alex (a child) liking a post is pretty ridiculous. You act as if people should feel privileged to read the posts that you grace the forums with.

We can't all agree mate, no reason for you to label my posts as ramblings, or notechis to tell me I should shut up because I missed something.

Last edited:
I must be psychic.

No, you said I'd argue. I was wrong and conceded that I missed the part where the OP liked the post Blue took offense to. Psychic, or presumptuous, rude and incorrect? I'll give you a hint, it's the latter.

You conceded in the manner in which I knew you would. With your own ramblings attached to it.

Bluetongue - as far as I know- and you have to understand that I was not really in any condition to be going thru paperwork (at one point people were talking of sedating me although that whole period is a complete haze, I was taking no medication until several weeks later when I was put on anti depressants (very reluctantly!) - I was named on the insurance papers, as well as the will.

Sorry that ACA reported the story the way they did Snakeluvver, it bites big time when the media decide to chomp onto a 'juicy' side of a story rather than reporting any real facts. Regardless of what they are however, it must be hard for your mate and your mates mum at the moment. A similar thing happened to myself and my sister regarding our biological fathers death benefit, despite the fact he'd named us as beneficiaries. Goodness knows why, he never wanted to know us growing up; one could possibly assume belated guilt, who knows? *shrug*
My condolences for their loss, and I hope the matter is resolved maturely and fairly in the future.

Snakeluvver,

I second Nighthawk’s sentiments. It is neither fair nor just and is the last thing you need when you have not long lost your loved one. Literally being kicked when you are down. Those involved at ACA should hang their heads in shame.

Jen,

I can well imagine where you were at. I have lost a brother and a sister, both of whom were very close, one being also my best friend. I lost my first best friend, murdered, at the age of 16. It’s not the same as a partner but does give me some insight. As for the insurance, if that was the case then yes, that sounds really bizarre. You have to wonder why, don’t you?
I hope I haven’t opened up the memory box too wide in the process. My apologies anyway.

Kawasakirider,

Thankyou for the insight into your motivation. I now understand why you were so keen to laugh at me having made a mistake and to make absolutely certain no-one else missed it.

Just out of curiosity, did you not wonder why no-one did that to you when it was apparent that you had made the mistake? It might be worth reflecting on.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend hasnt been at school for a while (and I've been off sick recently) so I'll try chat on facebook and see if theyre any closer to solving their problem.

ACA = horrible news made to shock people, cause fear that the government can't do.

That was the part of this post that I liked. Hope you didn't think I supported him having a go at you blue. I like your posts ;)

Thanks Tahlia, that’s good know and appreciated.

Just to explain why I made an issue of it.

I was not being touchy or over-reacting. However, I have found the main negative about this site to be the readiness of many users to have a personal go at others. Site Rule No.1 states: “Be nice to other members. Any name calling or general nastiness will not be tolerated”. How often does that get evoked? I think it a sad comment that a user of seven years standing and thousands of posts had to preface a comment with “And I repeat once again, just so I don’t get flamed by everyone out there”…this is how it happened.

You can attack the content of a post without having to attack the poster. I do wonder at times just how many frail egos and socially inept or maladjusted people there are out there. Or maybe there is a gene for nastiness floating around. Whatever the reason, if only they would take a leaf out the book of any of the many genuine, kind and caring people that use the forum. APS would be a more comfortable and pleasant place to spend time. Most of us have to deal with enough crud and angst in our everyday living. We shouldn’t have do so during our recreation.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back