Accies doin it like they do in the discovery channel?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymike

Reaction score
Hey Guys

This is a pic of my 2 Accies, now ive never had them sexed but im guessing theyre a male/female pair due to the pic below! lol

Theyre just over a year and a bit old, i got them last year from the Melbourne Expo.

No at this age they cant actually breed can they? i was quite suprised to find them going at it and i actually have seen it once before, and the male did see to be following her around for it too....

I saw him later on bite the female on her side just blow the front left leg, and it looks like her was trying to drag her somewhere.... is this normal???

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• DSC01857.jpg
    DSC01857.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 161
Be aware that males will mate males and females and females will mate males and other females.

In saying that they do look abit like a male and female judging by that pic. A few people have told me that they mature about the 14 - 16 cm SVL.

yeah if they are over 12cm SVL then it is all possible!
just keep and eye on her and if she starts getting fat, be prepared :)

They may be male and female although as it has been previously stated Ridge Tail Monitors will always mate with the same sex.

so accies are bi?? lolz!!

Good for them! at least theyre always gonna get some :p

hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back