Ackie egg help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliewaffles

Reaction score
Hi was just trying to get a bit of advice on ackie eggs that I have incubating at the moment, my question is that I have had them incubating for around 60 days and they have started to dimple, is this because they are going to hatch soon or lack of water in the substrate? I have the incubator set up at 30 degrees and high humidity, please help

I have no experience with ackie eggs but I think you will be seeing some new faces soon :)

I just been researching and 90 days seems to be the norm for incubating time so not sure whether to wait it out or add a damp paper towel

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone else shed some light, bit unsure as its my first clutch

Hi Charlie,

60 days is a bit soon, so prob more likely due to dehydration. If you do decide to add water, then I would advise to do so with great caution as adding too much can cause the young inside the eggs to drown.

Can you give some more information on your incubator setup?

Wat did you need to know about it? Well when they were layed I used 50/50 water and vermiculite, I open the lid and to let air exchange once a week for a couple of minutes and as I said I set temps about 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back