ackie info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilesrkool

Reaction score
hi guys im thinking of getting a oair of babies ackies could use pls give me as much info about them as u can and post pics of your`s and there enclosures if i get them it wont b for a while but i wont to set the cage and every thing up first thanks guys:D:D

try the search function on this site or have a crack at using google

i have found the best option is books :) the keeping and breeding lizards book is very useful. i also have a photocopy of an article out of a australian reptiles magazie which is a bit hard to find so pm me your email and i can send that through. its really good :)

this is the link to some photos of my ackies and other things http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-discussion-42/my-collection-enclosures-127751

i keep 6 ackies in 3 4x2x2ft cages. there are meant to be 2 in each but i have them divided 3,2,1 cos the 1 doesnt get along with other girls.
pretty easy to keep, nice hot spot of about 45+ degrees u dont want it cooler than that. hot end in the mid 30s and cool end room temp.
i some times have UV light depending on what globe i use. i dust EVERY meal with calcium as they can have problems with MBD (metabolic bone disease)
i feed every day in the hot months, and knock that back to about once a week in the cool months and drop the temps for breeding but u wouldnt need to do that for a while.

they can sometimes fight and not be able to be housed together so be careful with that. 5 out of my 6 dont mind sharing but one will not share with another girly.
they like rocks to hide in to create a heat gradient and i feed them roaches, crickets, occasional pinky, mince or cat food but the latter all make them fat if they have too much.

they like to hide alot as babies and wont always eat in front of you to start so i keep all my hatchies in bit black tubs from bunnings, put fluon around the top and then put some bricks with holes in. that way i can just dump the roaches in and they will all get a feed.

yeah pm me if you wanna know any more :)

also my males dont like being with each other so the best combo is male/female but this is hard when u by hatchies as its impossible to accurately sex them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back