Ackies, Beardies and Netteds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well mine at the moment is just tiles stacked on top of each other with bits of timber between them at different intervals (they like geting in between it)
it's also good if you can make the tiles in to steps (this is not a must though)

Roaches are soo much easier to breed though... No work required except Feed/Clean. If you can convince your dad it will be the best move you have made with reptiles.

As for temps Jordan has a good set-up. I dont know about the steps though.

agreed jinin they breed like matchines also I find them less disgusting than the roaches you find them in you kitchen just find a place out the way (prefurably in the garage because they do stink a little

well mine at the moment is just tiles stacked on top of each other with bits of timber between them at different intervals (they like geting in between it)
it's also good if you can make the tiles in to steps (this is not a must though)
How much space between and secured how?

Roaches are soo much easier to breed though... No work required except Feed/Clean. If you can convince your dad it will be the best move you have made with reptiles.

As for temps Jordan has a good set-up. I dont know about the steps though.
Don't roaches need lots of heat too though?
Plus if I'm only gonna have one Ackie, very possibly two, wouldn't I be sorta overwelmed really fast? I mean roaches bred like crazy.

Er what species of roach are we talking about?

ackies like tight spaces so just enough to get in and out mine are just tucked under the tiles and are nearly impossible to move though if it moves easily you will have to find a means to secure it. roaches don't need heat (and they are wood roaches) go to bushfires profile and look in his picture albums he has a good setup of a tile stack (hope you don't mind bushfire). if your colony gets to big you could sell part of it (?) just a sugestion, you will also see what i mean by steps when you go to bushfires profile

ackies like tight spaces so just enough to get in and out mine are just tucked under the tiles and are nearly impossible to move though if it moves easily you will have to find a means to secure it. roaches don't need heat (and they are wood roaches) go to bushfires profile and look in his picture albums he has a good setup of a tile stack (hope you don't mind bushfire). if your colony gets to big you could sell part of it (?) just a sugestion, you will also see what i mean by steps when you go to bushfires profile
Thanks for the link to the tiles step set up, helped a huge deal :)

Heh, I suppose.
Hate to seem stupid but in terms of the roaches, how do I collect them without some scuttling out of the container? I certainly suppose I could start selling once the collection gets big.

well you want a tempature gradient basking temps from 50-65 is about what you want (prefurably 60)
and the cool end can be about 30 but lower is fine the basking temps can be achieved by a tile or slate stack they like it hot!
hope this helps

wow u might want a cooler cool end. I mean yeah in summer its about that but if u can get it cooler so they have the option is better. done heat the cool end just to get it to 30. also i think 60 is a bit of an over kill. my basking temps are around 50 in summer and 40 in winter.

i have a stack of rocks in one corner and some logs etc around the cage.
in summer feed roaches every 2nd day. every wday when they are babies. and they only need once a week in winter.

also good luck breeding crickets. its exrtremely difficult and fiddley. roaches are the way to go.

i will be breeding mine again this year so i will have some babies by the end of the year.

if u have any questions just pm me :)

you need to paint fluon around the sides (you can buy it from herptrader.com) and you need to buy your woodies. pm me any more question as I have to go now

The answer sweetangel gave is also is good
I know my method has been used by many breeders successfully but sweetangel I know is also a reputable breeder so both work it is up to you which advice you choose. Good luck and if u have any questions to ask
U can pm me if u wish

The answer sweetangel gave is also is good
I know my method has been used by many breeders successfully but sweetangel I know is also a reputable breeder so both work it is up to you which advice you choose. Good luck and if u have any questions to ask
U can pm me if u wish

Thanks for that, and for being so helpful in general guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back